article thumbnail

New Web Order - Finding a Technical Co-Founder

nikcub.appspot.com

Hang out in tech entrepreneur rich communities. Perhaps the easiest way to find potential technical co-founders is to hang out in both online and offline communities where technical entrepreneurs gather. There are many online tech communities, but here are just a few: Hacker News - Probably a must-engage site. just an example)).

article thumbnail

11 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2018

Hearpreneur

It’s been a great year to serve our consumers and our community. Aside from that, I have to say that my best accomplishment this year is getting more involved in both the local tech community and communities abroad. But we soon realised we could make an outsized difference to our local community in lots of interesting ways.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

And my specialty was computer networks. There was one in Silicon Valley, unsurprising, one in Chicago, and there was this group out of the south of France that served all of Europe. So I joined this group called Network Solutions, we did computer networking, the predecessor to the internet. Not in Europe or South Korea.

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

The Power of Torso TV (Why Media is Racing to the Middle)

Both Sides of the Table

The company started out in South Korea by making South Korean drama available on the Internet. But then thinking about Wikipedia, Yelp and other UGC sites I realized that people build a sense of community through knowledge and accomplishments with like-minded people online. I became more aware of it by my friends at Viki.

Media 302
article thumbnail

How To Take Back Control Of Technology

Duct Tape Marketing

It's brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network. They're, for the last year, there have been multiple parents actually youth class actions suing social networks for addicting kids and affecting their mental health. It's a sh basically restricts how much time kids can spend on social networks. Is it medical communities? ,

article thumbnail

Taking stock of the Dutch tech cluster: What The Netherlands needs to win the European startup scene

The Next Web

We are the most active Twitter country in the world (measured by tweets per account) and the third most socially networked. Our population churns out 181 patents per million inhabitants ranking us #8 in the world – ahead of the US, South Korea and Norway. In my view, we can do a better job of forming strong tech communities.

article thumbnail

How To Reach Millennial Clients With Digital Currency

YoungUpstarts

Millennials should understand the difference between centralization and decentralization, as well as how the user key community plays a key role. Over in South Korea, 100 million credit cards and 20 million bank accounts were comprised — all thanks to a single employee at the Korea Credit Bureau.