article thumbnail

The unimportance of product names

37signals.com

Follow us on Twitter for more information on our products. The unimportance of product names. Don’t waste too much time on picking a perfect name for your product. We usually decide upon a product name by seeing what the product does. Everybody knows what a product name should be.

article thumbnail

Nuts & Bolts of Intellectual Property for New Startups

Gust

So you’ve chosen a name for your startup, product, or both. Tech startups are at the other extreme. The gulf has widened with the proliferation of social Internet / user-generated content and mobile application startups. Most of our early-stage startup clients fit this description.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

24 Entrepreneur Explain How They Come Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

1- Was inspired by the community. I was so inspired by the amount of talent within our community. It quickly became a fun brainstorm session and within less than 30 minutes we had GoDaddy pulled up and found the perfect name! My company name is designed to reflect the nature of my business appropriately.

Naming 145
article thumbnail

500 Founders: Rick Kiessig, Hannah Hunt, Matthew Jackson & Jenni Matheson

NZ Entrepreneur

Want to tap in to the best startup advice from entrepreneurs who are out there doing it? Welcome to ‘500 Founders’ where we ask innovators from around New Zealand for their top insights for first time startup founders. Use mock-ups or digital or physical models if you need them to fully communicate your concept.

Founder 117
article thumbnail

10 Tips for Startups and Small Businesses on Naming Your Company

crowdSPRING Blog

If you need help or simply don’t have the time (it took us nearly 50 hours to name “crowdSPRING&# ), you can leverage crowdSPRING’s community of more than 64,000 designers and writers to come up with your company name or a product name. Examples: Apple, Google, Virgin, Southwest).

Naming 120
article thumbnail

The 3 Most Common Challenges Faced By New Entrepreneurs

YoungUpstarts

Many new entrepreneurs seek financing from private banks that often aggressively seek out new business in the local community. You will also need a source for funding as your business grows, to take advantage of the economic opportunities provided by the changing marketplace. In addition, the U.K. The Risk of Legal Liability.

article thumbnail

Wanted: Medium for Product Reviews

Hunter Walker

Wanted: Medium for Product Reviews. Whether it’s a startup or Medium adding a product review-style template choice, I’d like to see Medium for Product Reviews. Medium provides an elegant writing experience, a growing readership base and clean consumption experience.

Product 95