Remove Atlanta Remove Community Remove Distribution Remove Startup
article thumbnail

The Best Free Email Marketing Tool for Startups and Small Businesses

Up and Running

Our #1 email marketing provider pick for a startup or small business. For any startup or small business, we recommend one email marketing provider. So our hands-down, number-one email marketing tool recommendation for a startup or small business is: MailChimp. Email marketing made easy for startups and small businesses.

Email 60
article thumbnail

How to Scale Support of Portfolio Companies

David Teten

O perations – We work closely with a pool of preferred service providers who address the operational challenges of early-stage companies: accounting, financial modeling, sales acceleration, legal and regulatory needs, insurance, real estate, engineering, and community building. This is roughly comparable to PRNewswire’s distribution service.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Black People Leveraged Tech Bigotry to Boss the Blockchain Below the Radar

Austin Startup

The African-American community with a global movement known as the Afro-Tech quietly mastered blockchain/distributed ledger technology several years ago to benefit urban communities. You need a community and ecosystem that adopts and use your tech.

article thumbnail

5 questions for an Atlanta Tech Village CEO: Jon Birdsong, Rivalry

Jeff Hilimire

If you had time to watch the video where Jon Birdsong (CEO of Rivalry ) and I talked to Michael Tavani, Rob Kischuk and TJ Muehleman, you’ll know that one of the points the group made to Jon and I was that there is a lot of publicity about the Atlanta Tech Village but very little about the startups in the building. The community.

Atlanta 56
article thumbnail

Texas Startup Manifesto 2.0

Austin Startup

Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio form a massive startup Megalopolis that is attracting top talent, impact-focused investors, and the most innovative companies in the world. Startups and investors should treat Texas like one big city. These are all potential customers and strategic partners for startups.

Texas 90
article thumbnail

Design Museum Boston

Up and Running

While I had just finished an approximately year long quest to see as many design museums as possible — in New York, Miami, Atlanta, London, and Essen, Germany — Derek had just visited New York City and experienced some pop-up retail stores. MassChallenge is the world’s largest startup accelerator program. Stay tuned!).

Boston 86
article thumbnail

Succeeding in Venture Capital as an Introvert

Hunter Walker

You might think I’m referring to the time spent with a founder before deciding to make an investment in their startup, and certainly, there are moments where an in-person conversation can be the difference between Deal or No Deal. There’s just so much community and learning-by-osmosis (or serendipity) that comes from being together.