Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Lean Remove New York
article thumbnail

We’re Programming Around Your Needs: Highlights of Lean Startup Week 2017

Startup Lessons Learned

Guest post by Jennifer Maerz, Program Chair of Lean Startup Co. For eight years, our flagship conference has focused on sharing stories and lessons of putting Lean Startup’s entrepreneurial methodology into practice. Lean Startup Week (Oct. Lean Startup Week (Oct. 31 ( limited to the first 200 Gold Passholders.)

Lean 108
article thumbnail

Lean Startup Conference Comes to New York & London

Startup Lessons Learned

Guest post by Melissa Moore & Jennifer Maerz of Lean Startup Co. Over the last eight years, we’ve learned that our Lean Startup community members are constantly searching for better ways to build and scale products. You won’t just hear inspirational and motivational talks (though we’ll have plenty of that!).

New York 108
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Retail Reimagined: 9 Trends for the Future of Physical Retail

ConversionXL

Small retailers are the bedrock of our communities, and consumers will still choose to shop retail when the experience is worth it. Paige Briscoe, founder of ReRoot. Local delivery has also been a saving grace for a lot of retailers with close ties to their community. Community is everything, especially during hard times.

eCommerce 155
article thumbnail

Guide to Finding a Technical Co-Founder | Vinicius Vacanti

viniciusvacanti.com

Home About Contact Me How To Make It as a First-Time Entrepreneur Vinicius Vacanti Guide to Finding a Technical Co-Founder September 7, 2010 | View Comments Steve Job's Technical Co-Founder “I’ve got this HUGE idea. I just need to find a technical co-founder.&# So, why should they pick you?

article thumbnail

This Week in VC with Dana Settle of Greycroft Partners

Both Sides of the Table

Our guest this week on #TWiVC was Dana Settle , partner at Greycroft Partners , a venture capital firm with offices in New York and Los Angeles. We also talked about the emergence of New York City as the “hot” new area of entrepreneurship, VC and innovation driven by the quantification of the online advertising industry.

Partner 240
article thumbnail

Venture Capital Funding and the Sexism You Can’t Quite Prove

Up and Running

To draw titular inspiration from a New York Magazine article entitled Ellen Pao and the Sexism You Can’t Quite Prove (we’ll talk more about Pao later on), I entered into this topic less with the desire to try to “prove” a specific point, but rather to explore an issue that continues to rise to the top of conversation in the entrepreneurial space.

article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Lean hiring tips

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Monday, January 19, 2009 Lean hiring tips In preparing for the strategy series panel this week, I have been doing some thinking about costs. Fundamentally, lean startups do more with less, because they systematically find and eliminate waste that slows down value creation. Another terrific post, Eric.

Lean 140