article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Today I’d like to talk about what startup communities outside of Silicon Valley look like, how they emerge and what makes them take hold. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate. Think Fred Wilson, Tony Hsieh or Brad Feld.

Community 378
article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Build a Community Around Your Business

Duct Tape Marketing

Transcript of How to Build a Community Around Your Business written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. He is a community and collaboration strategy consultant, advisor and speaker. He is a community and collaboration strategy consultant, advisor and speaker. Back to Podcast. Transcript. This is John Jantsch.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

On The Road Again

Feld Thoughts

I’ll be here again today for Venture Atlanta and then I’m on to Kansas City for Techstars Kansas City Demo Day. I haven’t been here in a while but it’s pretty awesome to see how the startup community has grown in the past five years. The conversation was intense and wonderful.

article thumbnail

How To Create A Brand Name For Your Company

Duct Tape Marketing

Is it gonna cause you linguistic problems in other, you know, not just other countries, but even locally, if you have a Spanish speaking community in your, uh, city yeah. And so they could call themselves Kansas city power and light. So checking and doing all, you know, checking all of those things is, is critical.

Naming 76
article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

I focused on what it is I do, I want to be approachable to the community and also I thought it important to express an idea of ‘moving with the times’, being fresh, consistent with modern practices and the such. Am I happy to start conversations with, Hi. Thanks to Tim Sims, Kansas-Sleep ! #25- The Fabulize Shop!

Naming 99
article thumbnail

How Decisions Define Our Business Destiny

Duct Tape Marketing

And in case that wasn't enough, they created chat spot, a conversational growth assistant that connects to your HubSpot CRM for unbeatable support. Content assistant uses the power of open AI's G P T three model to help you create content outlines, outreach, emails, and even webpage copy in just seconds. Steve McKee (12:47): That's right.

article thumbnail

The Public Library Is Stuff That Works

Duct Tape Marketing

He showed me how to find things in books that I had never noticed, how to have a conversation with the author rather than simply scan the words on the page and, perhaps most importantly, how to put myself in the story. These public places are only as strong as the communities that help them thrive.