article thumbnail

Bashir Dawood-Sick Kids Foundation

The Startup Magazine

The founder of Dawlance has actively been helping many kids for the last few decades. Today, Bashir Dawood is listed amongst some of the best philanthropists in Pakistan who have helped millions of people in living a good quality of life. Source: Pixabay.

article thumbnail

12 Top Picks: Austin Startup Week on Oct 12

Austin Startup

The ATX Startup Crawl is free and open to the entire Austin startup community. Bringing a Virtual Community Into the Physical 2:00 pm at the New Movement A discussion of the streaming community from Twitch. Why do these communities matter? Last year, more than 50 companies and 6,000+ registered crawlers participated.

Austin 77
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

From Israel to Pakistan, Community is Key When Building a Startup (Google I/O)

VC Cafe

To achieve the trifecta of startup success (money, talent, ideas), a vibrant startup community can make the difference between success and failure. Bridgette : Eric, What is the role of ihub in the community? . Bridgette: Jehan, how is Pakistan unique as a market? . Bridgette: Eden, what made you start the junction?

Pakistan 113
article thumbnail

10 Amazing Microfinance Success Stories

YoungUpstarts

In 2006, Muhammad Yunus, the bank’s founder and “the father of microfinance,” won the Nobel Peace Prize. Parveen Baji, Pakistan. The benefits of microfinance have been debated since the ’70s when the Grameen Bank in Bangladesh began making tiny loans to impoverished small business owners.

Colombia 263
article thumbnail

The 50 Top Startups at SXSW 2019

Austin Startup

Read interview here MIRO?—?Human Human Body AI , Hong Kong, Hong Kong Learn2Play , Limassol, Cyprus?—?

article thumbnail

How Virtual Assistants Are Reshaping The Business Landscape

Duct Tape Marketing

Like I don't do anything on social other than in some, you know, Facebook communities where I engage with people in my market, but I really don't spend much time there. And so I got virtual assistance and I started out in India and then I was in Pakistan and in Sri Lanka and Vietnam and all over the place. (07:50): I don't post a lot.

article thumbnail

HOW TO: Sign Up Users Even Before You Launch Your Startup

mashable.com

Within a few days, the site received thousands of user signups, according to its founder Mark Davis. raked in five-figure daily signups after announcing its upcoming launch, according to the site’s founders. In April, “stealth” social media startup Kohort announced its upcoming launch. It got 10% conversion,” Carrella says.