article thumbnail

Delicious Closing Leaves a Bad Taste in My Mouth

This is going to be BIG.

This was the first time I had ever heard about del.icio.us (I still like to use the old naming convention)… note the date. We’d see them all the time and get to be feature testers and product guinea pigs. At least open source it and let the community run it! Once I did start using it, I got hooked.

Guinea 127
article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #153 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

6 Things That Can Kill Your City’s Startup Community | ReadWrite – [link]. 46 Businesses With Hilariously Bad Names | Business Pundit – [link]. 46 Businesses With Hilariously Bad Names | Business Pundit – [link]. Have India’s poor become human guinea pigs? – [link]. . ” – [link].

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Use LinkedIn Groups to Generate Quality Leads Continuously

Duct Tape Marketing

With over 400 million users to date, a recent acquisition by Microsoft , and a revamped user interface, LinkedIn seems poised to be the best platform for you to get leads, job opportunities, and keep the conversation going with the white collared community. How are things going on your end with [insert name a company]? And it is.

article thumbnail

5 Ways Buying Facebook Fans Can Hurt Your Business

Duct Tape Marketing

With well-known crackdowns on fake accounts from the likes of Facebook in recent years, chances are your new ‘fans’ could suddenly disappear, or worse still, you could be publicly named and shamed. If you’ve got a highly engaged online community of a few hundred, then any content you share will be received warmly, discussed and shared.

Guinea 72
article thumbnail

Reinventing the Office: How to Lose Fat and Increase Productivity at Work

David Teten

At the front of the office, we’re creating an office map showing the names of our portfolio companies, and the photos of the employees that work at each. We’re implementing an optional office-wide weekly lunch (BYOB–Bring Your Own Bag) that allows us to build community, as well as get exposure to different foods.

Product 166
article thumbnail

14 Entrepreneurs Describe The BHAGs (Big Hairy Audacious Goals) For Their Business?

Hearpreneur

We believe in collaborating with industry leaders, working with innovative companies and directly engaging with our community and audience to ensure we are building out valuable resources they can use daily to improve health & safety within their respective companies. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

article thumbnail

“Bootstrapping is sexy! You own your entire company.” Five Questions with Founder Emily LaFave Olson

Hunter Walker

In addition to being a strong founder, Emily is thoughtful and intention, as evidenced in her recent essay about taking back her maiden name. We were guinea pigs then as the second class! And you can move incredibly fast in a unified way with that sort of communication.