article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Today I’d like to talk about what startup communities outside of Silicon Valley look like, how they emerge and what makes them take hold. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate. Think Fred Wilson, Tony Hsieh or Brad Feld.

Community 378
article thumbnail

Founder Interview: Abraham Gin on Entrepreneurs and Leadership

The Startup Magazine

In order to resolve this issue, we are creating a centralized resource that provides on-demand live streaming, chat and development of content by creating a digital platform allowing communities to engage and ensure a proper DE&I space, therefore transforming and pushing a 20 th century system into the current scenario of the 21 st century.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How To Create A Brand Name For Your Company

Duct Tape Marketing

Look, if you work in sales, wanna learn how to sell or just peek at the latest sales news. Check out the sales podcast where host will Barron helps sales professionals learn how to find buyers and win big business in effective and ethical ways. And so they could call themselves Kansas city power and light.

Naming 75
article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Did Prior to Starting Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

It could be studying entrepreneurship in school or it could have been working with a government contractor or maybe someone had a sales job. 1 – Medical Device Sales. As a sales representative I noticed that the promotional efforts for Plastic Surgeons were held by a few large firms that overcharged.

article thumbnail

Open For Business: Everything You Need To Know About Brick And Mortar Marketing

YoungUpstarts

If your community allows flyers to be placed around town, use them. Train Your Sales Staff. Roughly 76 percent of customers purchase more products based on a sales associate’s recommendation. Providing better customer service, therefore, will most likely improve your sales figures. That’s how you win more sales.

article thumbnail

Transcript of Creating a Winning SEO Strategy

Duct Tape Marketing

I live in Kansas City, Missouri. In other words, if you’re trying to check on results and track results, sometimes it’s a little challenging if your IP address is in Kansas City, Missouri. John Jantsch: So if somebody was in your shoes or just even somebody like myself. I have clients in Canada and different places.

SEO 59
article thumbnail

9 Tips for Increasing Revenue in Your Bakery

Up and Running

While commercial bakeries still account for the majority of bakery sales, the industry as a whole is moving away from mass-produced products and increasingly toward niche offerings like healthy baked goods and high-quality, artisanal products. How does including nutrition information impact sales? Offer allergen-free products.

Revenue 75