article thumbnail

[Review] How Asian Women Lead

YoungUpstarts

Faria Ali – a questioning Muslim Bangladeshi academic whose formative years were spent in Thailand and Canada before settling down to teach, mentor and coach young women leaders back in her home country. Perceived to be communal and self-effacing , Asian women leaders prefer to influence rather than dominate.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

After living and traveling around Thailand in 2014 and with other travelers I was desperate to learn Thai. We want to leave an impact on the communities we operate in and the employees on our team, so we even offer them networking and internship opportunities. 6- To give back to the community. We named it Localizely.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Path of Our Lives

Steve Blank

My roommate, Glen, would become my best friend in Florida and Thailand as we were sent to different air bases in Southeast Asia. In Thailand I even figured out how to sneak off base for a few days, cross Thailand via train, visit him in his airbase and convince everyone I had been assigned to do so (not that easy with a war on.)

Thailand 334
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Love About Being An Entrepreneur

Hearpreneur

I set up my business to be distributed, so although my company is based out of Scottsdale, Arizona, I live in Thailand most of the time. It’s opened my life up to new possibilities, from an elephant sanctuary to a life partner – and, I still regularly travel outside Thailand. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

article thumbnail

The Secret History of Silicon Valley Part V: Happy 100th Birthday.

Steve Blank

When I read the funny names of these microwaves devices… Backward wave oscillators, TWT’s, Magnetrons…long silent memories came back. These components were the heart of the electronic warfare equipment I have worked on; including fighters in Thailand and on B-52 bombers.

article thumbnail

How To Take Back Control Of Technology

Duct Tape Marketing

And other countries like Thailand, South Korea have experimented with different methods. Is it medical communities? , Scroll back to top Sign up to receive email updates Enter your name and email address below and I'll send you periodic updates about the podcast. So we are seeing this, but it's not just China.

article thumbnail

[Singapore] Designs On A New Furniture Future

YoungUpstarts

By 2008, around 50-percent of local furniture companies had shifted labor-intensive manufacturing operations to less expensive countries such as neighboring Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam and Thailand, and increasingly to China as well. “Our focus is definitely on our local design community,” says SFIC ‘s Andrew Pang.

Singapore 216