article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 20: Nayeem Hussain and Will Zell

Steve Blank

Joining me in SiriusXM’s studio in New York were. Being in Ohio, which lacks the startup ecosystem of an entrepreneurial cluster like Silicon Valley, made it difficult for Will to get funding for his first startup, Huddlewoo : The type of business that we were building needed an investment of capital ahead of revenue.

article thumbnail

Odis Jones Explains How to Strengthen Your Rural Community’s Economy

The Startup Magazine

Rural communities in the United States are encountering challenges that threaten the overall state of the land and quality of life experienced by the residents. Rural community development needs a new look. Rural community development needs a new look. Determine Existing Assets. Utilize Outside Funding.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I originally provided pro-bono public relations services to artists and non-profits due to my love for the community and the arts. I wanted to make the community and the world aware of the talent, businesses and resources that thrive within my city. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. Photo Credit: Sandeep Todi.

article thumbnail

Life, Death And Gold: Remembering The Panic Of 1857

YoungUpstarts

The New York branch of the Cincinnati-based Ohio Life Insurance and Trust Company failed in late August 1857, felled by an embezzlement scandal. Reports of financial instability in New York quickly carried between cities by the new telecommunications medium, the telegraph , which spread more fear than information.

Ohio 145
article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Loading… New York. New Hampshire. New Jersey. New Mexico. New Hampshire. New Jersey. New Mexico. Journal Community. Journal Community. A community of WSJ readers interested in franchising news, trends and issues. Journal Community. Deutschland.

article thumbnail

How to Kick Start Your Community’s Startup Scene

Both Sides of the Table

I have never been more optimistic about the impact that the tech startup community is having on cities in America or about the role that cities outside of San Francisco / Silicon Valley can play in our future. The New York startup scene is vibrant and launching companies that play to NYs great strengths which are many.

article thumbnail

29 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Sadly, many people in our society come from communities where they were never, or rarely, touched by their parents, family members, or friends or only experience touch through sex. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. There’s a better way. Thanks to Matt Schmidt, Diabetes Life Solutions ! 22- Help people do what I do.