article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2019

Hearpreneur

Although we started in Portland, Oregon, we now have members in every state with many meetup launches planned for 2020.We’re Entering our 4th year of business, we doubled our headcount, became a certified B Corporation, and released our revenue model which aligned with our becoming a 1% for the Planet member.

article thumbnail

How to Out Amazon, Amazon

Both Sides of the Table

You might choose your own words or emotions but we can all agree that these are three distinct brands and they are combination of products we consume and the messages these companies communicate to us to remind us of how they’re positioned in the market. companies that have to spend too heavily on customer acquisition). Get Physical!

Curation 296
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

5 Lessons Offered by An Entrepreneur From the Front Lines

Up and Running

A couple of weeks ago I got to listen to Amy Boggs, under-30 founder of a Portland,OR house cleaning business called Sparkling Palaces, sharing her story. As the business grew, it grew into having room and revenues to have key services performed by third parties. That makes total sense to me. ” Amen. It was a good meeting.

article thumbnail

Optimism in the Face of Uncertainty: A Look at Small Business in 2017

Up and Running

My neighborhood of Alberta in Portland, Oregon, where small local businesses are plentiful. However, this isn’t just based on the perception that local communities are experiencing improved economic conditions; in fact, it’s debatable whether or not individual small business communities are actually experiencing measurable success and growth.

article thumbnail

How To Find A Programmer To Build Your Startup Idea

socialmatchbox.com

You should avoid spending your time here and instead focus on finding a way to generate revenue or to attract investors so that you can afford to hire someone. Sweat equity is also applicable for someone who is very interested in the subject that you are working on. Ycombinator © 2010 Social Matchbox, - WordPress Themes by DBT. .

article thumbnail

My XOXO Talk

Bryce Dot VC

A couple weeks ago I had the opportunity to speak at the XOXO Festival in Portland Oregon. What that meant is that six companies a year could achieve a hundred million in revenue or a billion in valuation. In 5 months since the program began his revenue is growing, he’s moved out of his basement and has hired his first employees.

article thumbnail

Transcript of Everything You Need to Know About Podcasting

Duct Tape Marketing

Obviously, there are a lot of people out there that would love to have this success in the revenue that’s come with that success directly related to podcasting that you have, but I talk a lot of small business owners and actually tell them that one of the little talked about things that podcasting can bring you is access. .”