article thumbnail

Amanda Jo of Organic Bunny Discusses Influencers Doing Good in The World

The Startup Magazine

Social media influencers are frequently criticized for being shallow and only concerned with appearance but in reality, many influencers are involved in doing good in the world. There are many examples of influencers who have leveraged their position to help others as well as their community. Donté Colley. Mari Malek.

article thumbnail

Embracing Your Entrepreneurial Superpower Being Unemployable

Duct Tape Marketing

10:00] Back in South Africa you got shot, what did that story mean to your journey? [11:53] That even though everyone in South Africa said to us, you're mad, what are you doing going to America for a sales app? Let's go back to South Africa. Connect with me on social media.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

BMW introduced subscription fees for their cars, creating revolutionary changes in the conservative automotive community. The Fat Sheep project in South Africa's barren Karoo landscape is my favorite turnaround story. WhatsApp became one of the most popular apps for social media by 2014. Photo Credit: Jason Baker.

article thumbnail

Founder Interview: Cassie Sneglar Brings Escapism to E-Commerce and Fashion

The Startup Magazine

As part of The Startup Magazine Female Founder Series , we caught up with Cassie Sneglar, a rising star in the world of digital entrepreneurship as well as designer, influencer (with a combined following of 800k) and mental health campaigner from South Africa, based between there, London and LA. Cassie Snelgar, The X Cartel Founder.

Founder 84
article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Once I knew I definitely wanted to start a fashion boutique, I started talking about it to people and on social media platforms like Facebook, so people could hold me accountable. I wanted to support the local community and stay in Thailand and I’ve been able to keep living abroad and traveling for the past three years.

article thumbnail

The Art of Work with Jeff Goins [VIDEO]

Up and Running

We rely on communities of people that help us get to where we want to go. I realized this, that every story of success is really a story of community. It was standing time around a community of people. I’m a fan of hard work. The reality is we all are interdependent on each other. I believe that that’s true for me.

Video 60
article thumbnail

21 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

My name is Fahad and for my 1st venture: Bay Street Brands which is a digital advertising agency that helped entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs build a social media brand I came up the name through where I live. After polling my community, the feedback was positive, so I made the switch and I’m very happy that I did.

Naming 64