article thumbnail

[Singapore] Location Based Marketing Association Launches Local Chapter

YoungUpstarts

According to a statement from LBMA , Singapore was chosen as its new Asia hub due to the country’s high smartphone penetration and rich cross-section of LBS players from retailers, agencies, advertisers and media buyers, to software and services providers and wireless companies.

Singapore 165
article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #95 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

Legal Contracts for Software Developers Who Hate Contracts (w/free contract template tco use today) – [link]. Global Web Design Trends: South America – [link]. Tips On Defining The Size of a Market for a Startup Business – [link]. Modern Handwriting Fonts Roundup – Designers – [link].

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Sawyer on Why Bilski Really Means That Software Companies Should Leave the US

Feld Thoughts

Seeing the reaction to Bilski, what has struck me is how surprised and disappointed some people are with the weak will of the Supreme Court to act to limit the damage that software patents are causing, and will keep causing, to innovation in the U.S. Software innovation continues, by the way, in spite of the patent system, not because of it.

Software 132
article thumbnail

SXSW Pitch Finalist: Cove.tool

Austin Startup

The software product grew from tools and processes developed by Pattern r+d, a sustainability consulting firm run by Cove.tool co-founders Sandeep Ahuja and Patrick Chopson (both building scientists and architects). Based in Atlanta (which has been named the best city in the U.S. What is your top goal for CoveTool for 2020?

Atlanta 64
article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

He grew up in Colombia, South America. Before you think I was a complete nerd, in addition to making money selling software, which I did at 15, 16 years old, I also made money throwing keg parties. Because everyone who said, “I’m going to use Mark’s software…” They made that decision.

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

While living in South America, founders Jacob and Eric gained a deep love and understanding of the cultures in that region of the world. You might know us as Workpuls, but as of April 2022, we have started a new chapter in the development of our software and we got a new name to mark the transition- Insightful.

Naming 115
article thumbnail

Why predicting the future is more about sociology than technology

Start Up Blog

This chart above is from a new World Economic Forum report, Deep Shift: Technology Tipping Points and Societal Impact , predicts 21 dates in the future when previously unimaginable innovations will enter our daily lives, transforming the way we live and the way communities and governments function.