Remove Atlanta Remove Community Remove Technology Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

Combined, these factors point to available money for business owners to invest in their ventures. The overall culture in Austin is renowned for its supportiveness of the small business community. Boulder’s entrepreneurial system is bolstered by a number of local venture capital firms, including Foundry Group. Boulder, CO.

article thumbnail

How to Scale Support of Portfolio Companies

David Teten

I’m very interested in additional ways to use technology to extend each of these! At HOF Capital, we support our companies through 7 main levers (i.e., S kill-Building – Over time, we want our portfolio executives to build out the full skill set needed to lead world class technology companies. RJMetrics ); technology (e.g.,

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Helping Entrepreneurs Get To Where They Want To Go Faster

Duct Tape Marketing

[11:06] How do networking and peer-to-peer connection play out in what is kind of a technology platform? [12:50] 16:24] What type of networking have you found the community responds to? [18:16] We've been this blend of community and a technology platform and we'd often get bucketed very much into one or the other.

article thumbnail

There Is Only ONE Silicon Valley

Gust

Silicon Valley is a very special place – the nucleus of high-growth, high technology entrepreneurship in the US, indeed, in the world. The Valley produces world-class entrepreneurs, angel investors, venture capitalists and successful high-tech companies – all growing and creating jobs on one relatively small peninsula.

article thumbnail

Texas Startup Manifesto 2.0

Austin Startup

Texas is the most promising technology market in the United States. Our community colleges are excellent as well, including the Alamo Colleges, Austin Community College, the Dallas College and the Lone Star Community College. Each major city has created physical technology hubs with strong public/private partnerships.

Texas 90
article thumbnail

Introducing my next chapter: Dragon Army

Jeff Hilimire

And in the immortal words of Monty Python’s Flying Circus, and now for something completely different … For those that know me, you know I’ve long been enamored with mobile technology and apps, particularly as they relate to consumers. Atlanta has the largest number of digital agency workers per capita,” Cummings said.

Atlanta 77
article thumbnail

Flexible VCs With Structures Between Equity and Revenue-Based Investing

David Teten

(co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. V: Should you raise venture capital from a traditional equity VC or a Revenue-Based Investing VC? II: Who are the major Revenue-Based Investing VCs?

Equity 78