Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Jordan Remove Management
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

My co-founder and I started our labor-only moving company as the first movers ourselves. We want to leave an impact on the communities we operate in and the employees on our team, so we even offer them networking and internship opportunities. 6- To give back to the community. Thanks to Jacob Dayan, Community Tax ! #7-

article thumbnail

26 Entrepreneurs Reveal The Leaders They Look Up To

Hearpreneur

Most importantly, he was able to turn a superstar player like Michael Jordan to work as a team player and have more trust in his comrades. Lloyd and Mary are the founders of the co-op we now know as REI. One of the few people I look up to in my industry is Jason Fried, the founder of Basecamp. 26- Michael Jordan.

Jordan 125
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneur Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

Photo Credit: Jordan Fulmer. Thanks to Jordan Fulmer, Momentum Property Solutions ! #3- The management team of one of the companies sat down for a brainstorming session. Since my co-founders and I haven't agreed on the company name yet, we decided to post in one of the Business Naming Facebook groups that we joined.

Naming 150
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Love About Being An Entrepreneur

Hearpreneur

As a CEO and founder, I work with employees, contract individuals, and other business owners who are genuinely stellar, and I love being part of the small business dream. I'm not dependent on a manager to see my worth, I'm not beholden to a company and their promotion schedule, there are no politics, no bureaucracy. Thanks to Stacey E.

article thumbnail

Seven Steps to Small Business Recovery

Steve Blank

They provide the software for freelancers and small businesses to manage clients and their business – proposals, billing, contracts, payments, project tracking, etc. Jordan Edelson, co-founder of Chic Sketch , reimagined his events business as a virtual events business. Regina says. Create an MVP or MVS to start.

article thumbnail

Why Virtual Offices Are The Future Of Remote Working

Duct Tape Marketing

Brett is cofounder of Kumospace, the virtual HQ for remote teams, and Charge Ventures, a pre/seed VC based in Brooklyn, NY. And Jordan one of our new engineers, they're having a little conversation in Michael's office. Why Virtual Offices Are The Future Of Remote Working written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing.

Audio 85
article thumbnail

How to Start a Brewery

Up and Running

However, t he main thing is to start with the right space—and one that will be bigger than what you think you will need, says Jason Jordan of Propel Insurance. “I Word of mouth is no substitute for market research, says Ben Price, co-founder of Hard Knocks Brewing, a small brewpub in its second year of operation.

Oregon 60