article thumbnail

Skills Development in Africa: How Wide is the Skills Gap?

Transformify

What are the drivers behind these figures and why Africa is so polarized when it comes to skills development and unemployment rates? Reaching out to new markets and opportunities requires skills, experience, and networks that are usually developed by those who have studied abroad. thanks to the well-developed tourism industry.

Africa 75
article thumbnail

How Do Educational Leaders Motivate Aspiring Students?

The Startup Magazine

Suppose you enjoy working with children and want to make lasting contributions to the development of inclusive learning environments. Professionals can branch out into various educational domains, including administration, curriculum development, and testing methodologies.

Egypt 158
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Episode 5 on Sirius XM Channel 111: Pete Newell, John Kuhn, Matt Weingart, Takashi Tsutsmi and Masato Iino

Steve Blank

Matt Weingart, program development manager in the Strategic Development Office at the Department of Energy’s Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. During his military career he served in Bosnia, Afghanistan, Iraq, the Arabian peninsula, Egypt, and the Horn of Africa. He connects the Lab with the defense user community.

Channel 120
article thumbnail

10 Entrepreneurs Reveal The Entrepreneurs They Consider To Be Successful and why

Hearpreneur

They are known for their drive to continuously improve on current processes and develop new ideas. The book summaries cover topics such as entrepreneurship, leadership, career & success, marketing, sales, management, self-development, communication, and all skills needed to succeed in today’s world. 10- Pooja Kaul.

article thumbnail

Soundbites from the future

Start Up Blog

Unlike previous generations young Australians are participating in community activity, many of which do not involve any economic incentives. We are more interested in a niche fringe community than a mass event. It’s the community that matters more than the trader. A community who vest their interests in each other.

Moldova 91
article thumbnail

Why Entrepreneurs & VCs Should Focus on Basecamp, Not the Summit

Both Sides of the Table

In this area I’ve developed another philosophy that guides my investment decisions and forms a lot of the premise that I debate in our internal partners’ meetings when I’m advocating that we invest in a company. We have no clue where the community will help take Twitter next. But what about markets?

article thumbnail

Battery gives back to Israeli entrepreneurial community with venture creation workshop

VC Cafe

The group diversity was beneficial because it enabled participants to share their first hand experiences of working at companies operating in different domains and at different phases of development. Group picture of the Battery Ventures Entrepreneurship workshop in Tel Aviv, 2010.