article thumbnail

Experts share tips for mission-driven organizations on DE&I

Board Effect

Mission-driven organizations strive to serve their communities and constituents with integrity and purpose. We asked a team of global experts from various areas to share insights on the benefits of DE&I in their organizations and on boards. They also highlight ways to measure your DE&I progress.

Ireland 52
article thumbnail

Governance in Healthcare: Best Practices after COVID-19

Board Effect

Just as healthcare organizations struggled with how to adapt to mergers and meet the evolving needs of their communities, COVID-19 struck with a vengeance forcing changes in governance in healthcare. The current times are especially challenging for community-based boards that lack experience in operating during a global crisis.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

[Interview] Mark C. Perna, Founder And CEO Of TFS, Cleveland, Ohio

YoungUpstarts

Our mission is to share and support every client’s passion for making a difference, and it’s thrilling to see our clients being empowered to do that every day in their communities. We’re just not preparing the next generation with the skills they will actually need in our globalizing, automating world.

Ohio 214
article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

So I reached a point in my career as a CMO for global high tech companies where I wanted to make a change and start a company that would apply all the marketing lessons I had learned to helping small local businesses. I wanted to make the community and the world aware of the talent, businesses and resources that thrive within my city.

article thumbnail

4 Ways Workers Benefit From Shared Innovative Office Space

YoungUpstarts

The shared office space concept has risen steadily in popularity over the past decade, and by 2020 more than 26,000 co-working spaces will be in use globally, according to Small Business Labs, which tracks trends in small businesses. The result is a form of isolation – from community, information and trends. Empowerment.

Cofounder 100
article thumbnail

The best nonprofit events board members should know about this year

Board Effect

Community engagement ideas: Board members are always looking for ways to engage with their communities, mobilize volunteers, and address their community’s unique needs. Events are a good place to learn more about community engagement initiatives.

article thumbnail

The Biggest Business Fails of 2014 and How to Avoid Them

Up and Running

Walmart is at it again; the world’s largest company (and the biggest private employer with over 2 million workers globally) is unfortunately known for short-changing its employees, including a widely publicized incident last year where one Ohio store threw a food drive for its own workers.