article thumbnail

Experts share tips for mission-driven organizations on DE&I

Board Effect

Mission-driven organizations strive to serve their communities and constituents with integrity and purpose. The profound impact of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) is a centerpiece of the stewardship of these organizations; sustained and effective social response and problem solving requires diverse and inclusive governance.

Ireland 52
article thumbnail

A Visit With the European Startup Community

Gust

My wife, Ann, and I took a trip this past spring to visit Estonia, Finland, Ireland and Russia. We had a lovely time in Northern Ireland. We finished our first full day at a dinner with Halo , the Northern Ireland Business Angel Network (Alan Watts).

Community 121
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

SXSW Pitch Finalist: Milis Bio

Austin Startup

Milis Bio CEO and Founder Mike Sheehan winning the 2018 Bank of Ireland/IGNITE Business of Year prize. Ireland-based Milis Bio is hoping to be at least a small part of the solution. Unable to govern events, I govern myself, and apply myself to them.” Tell us your favorite thing about being based in Cork, Ireland.

Ireland 62
article thumbnail

The Magic of the Irish – Dublin’s Resurgence on the Global Tech Scene

Both Sides of the Table

I wrote this on my flight home from f.ounders & web summit in Dublin, Ireland late last year. I recently returned from a 5-day visit to Ireland, my first time back in 10 years and the start of what I hope will be a more regular travel schedule there. I think I was too hung over to finish it, hit publish and move on.

Ireland 392
article thumbnail

TEDxStormont – creativity and community collide in Belfast

Gregg Fraley, Author of Jack's Notebook

It occurs to me, all at once, that moments like this — are how communities are formed. For Northern Ireland, I think the lasting value of the event is not the content delivered, the fun experienced, or even the many videos that will eventually be posted. The lasting value is the community it created.

Community 122
article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. Lower level of community familiarity. Zack Mueller, Attorney, Ireland Stapleton Pryor & Pascoe, PC , points that almost “no one, from LPs to entrepreneurs to attorneys, has much experience with these instruments. Governance.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal The Industry With The Most Optimist Future

Hearpreneur

Thanks to Struan Baird, Luxury Ireland Tours ! #4- With government support and continued technological innovation, the renewable energy industry is poised for rapid growth in the coming years. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. 4- Eco-conscious Industry. Photo Credit: Chris Roth. Thanks to Max Benz, BankingGeek ! #17-