article thumbnail

How to choose an investment banker…or replicate one

David Teten

Should you hire an investment banker? The good news: even if you are a small company and can’t afford a banker, you can synthetically and cheaply replicate a banker. That’s part of the value proposition of an institutional VC; I have been the (unpaid) investment banker for many of my portfolio companies. .

article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

VC Platform community has grown approximately 120% in the last 3 years. Dan Kozikowski, Partner and Head of Platform, First Mark Capital , said to me, “Firms should match services to the stage-specific needs of companies. All content is developed and delivered by the Real Ventures partners. AskAnything.VC Advantages.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

[Interview] Patrick Mackaronis, Director Of Business Development At Brabble

YoungUpstarts

Before graduating, he had signed a lease to a retail space not far from the college campus, creating a restaurant that would cater to the college students with deliveries as well as the local beach community. You need to have a vision,” he advises others similarly on the entrepreneurial path.

Developer 159
article thumbnail

How to Scale Support of Portfolio Companies

David Teten

O perations – We work closely with a pool of preferred service providers who address the operational challenges of early-stage companies: accounting, financial modeling, sales acceleration, legal and regulatory needs, insurance, real estate, engineering, and community building. I’ve listed a few ideas below. I’ve listed a few ideas below.

article thumbnail

Helping Entrepreneurs Get To Where They Want To Go Faster

Duct Tape Marketing

16:24] What type of networking have you found the community responds to? [18:16] Carolyn Rodz (03:04): So I started out actually my career as an investment banker and jumped into entrepreneurship quite blindly. Carolyn Rodz (06:16): You know, I would say at our core, we're community, A community above all else.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneur That Grew Up In A Household of Educators Creates Solution to Education Challenges

Hearpreneur

Community driven approach to learning: many people ask me about online education. They are experienced professional programmers and designers who have a passion for teaching. If we’re trying to prepare individuals for the labor market, it’s important that all of our faculty members has real world experience. Isn’t that the future?

Miami 48
article thumbnail

Public Hospital Modern Woes – Aging Infrastructure, Unions, Pensions, High Regulation. 

The Startup Magazine

By that time investment bankers were on a roll privatizing assets as far flung as Chilean Electricity Distribution Rights, Montreal’s container port, parking meters in Chicago, sections of the Pennsylvania turnpike, the London City airport, and (the proposed) CA & FL Lottery systems. Ironically, given the U.S.’s Capital Solutions.