article thumbnail

Techstars in Kansas City

Feld Thoughts

Yesterday Techstars announced the launch of Techstars Kansas City. This is a city-based horizontal accelerator similar to the ones we have in Boulder, Boston, Seattle, Austin, New York City, London and Berlin. I have a long history with Kansas City. Come join us if you are in town and interested.

article thumbnail

Texas goes to Kansas City for the Kauffman Foundation Eship Summit

Austin Startup

Trey Bowles from The Dallas Entrepreneurship Center (The DEC), Joshua Baer from Capital Factory, JR Reale from Station Houston, and Preston James from DivInc together in Kansas City, MO for the Kauffman Foundation Eship Summit. This was my first time visiting Kansas City. Many other communities are starting from nothing.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Build a Community Around Your Business

Duct Tape Marketing

Transcript of How to Build a Community Around Your Business written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. He is a community and collaboration strategy consultant, advisor and speaker. He is a community and collaboration strategy consultant, advisor and speaker. Back to Podcast. Transcript. This is John Jantsch.

article thumbnail

Your city doesn’t have a startup community? Start one!

The Next Web

You don’t have to be located in Silicon Valley to take part in a great startup community. If you’re motivated enough to start your own business and create something great from a simple idea, then you’re certainly motivated enough to jumpstart a local startup community. Why worry about a startup community?

Community 153
article thumbnail

How To Create A Brand Name For Your Company

Duct Tape Marketing

John Jantsch (00:00): This episode of the duct tape marketing podcast is brought to you by the Salesman Podcast, hosted by Will Barron brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network. And so they could call themselves Kansas city power and light. So checking and doing all, you know, checking all of those things is, is critical.

Naming 76
article thumbnail

Empirical Support for the Boulder Thesis

Feld Thoughts

Yesterday, Kauffman Foundation released a study that provided empirical support for the Boulder Thesis that I came up with in my book Startup Communities: Building an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem in Your City. 1 Million Cups Denver was also a recipient of one of the first Startup Colorado Community Fund grants.

article thumbnail

How to Kick Start Your Community’s Startup Scene

Both Sides of the Table

I have never been more optimistic about the impact that the tech startup community is having on cities in America or about the role that cities outside of San Francisco / Silicon Valley can play in our future. Or the growth of Dwolla in Iowa or C2FO being built in Kansas City? What Does a City Need to Compete?