Remove Aggregator Remove Community Remove Cost Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

Almost every private equity and venture capital investor now advertises that they have a platform to support their portfolio companies. VC Platform community has grown approximately 120% in the last 3 years. Then, pluck the low-hanging fruit: easy, low-cost, and highly scalable infrastructure. AskAnything.VC

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

Private equity and venture capital investors are copying our sisters in the hedge fund and mutual fund world: we’re trying to automate more of our job. Advances in machine learning, specifically natural language processing, have made generating these baseline, aggregate datasets possible, at scale, with high accuracy.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

A New Era For Entrepreneurs And Startups Has Begun

Startup Professionals Musings

in 2013, with aggregate proceeds of over $38 billion. Twitter was one of the most notable, with a market capitalization now up to $38 billion all by itself. According to David Rose , CEO of Gust, venture capital investors funded about 1500 startups last year, with Angel investors backing over 50,000 more.

IPO 273
article thumbnail

How to Scale Support of Portfolio Companies

David Teten

At HOF Capital, we support our companies through 7 main levers (i.e., the “TOPSCAN” framework from my research study on value creation by VCs ): T eam-Building – We aggregate openings across our portfolio on our jobs page. N etwork – We organize events regularly to build out our community. Ethics Policy, Expenses policy).

article thumbnail

Will there be a wave of ‘maker-centric’ companies?

The Equity Kicker

Here’s a selection of the 20-odd startups at Maker Faire: SeeedStudio, an “open hardware company develops and brings to market innovative and cost-effective prototyping solutions for hobbyists and aspiring inventors.”. 3D printing is reducing the cost of prototyping. Venture Capital'

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

Private equity and venture capital investors are copying our sisters in the hedge fund world: we’re trying to automate more of our job. . To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . 645 Ventures released a cap table simulator to help level the playing field.

article thumbnail

The Real Reasons Adults Love To Give Kids Sugar

David Teten

Each individual giver feels happy and bonded to the child, but the aggregate effect is fat kids. Your job as an educator is to do what’s in the long term interests of the child and community. Serving kids sugar and corn derivatives now is cheap, but creates very significant long-term costs in treating obesity and diabetes.