article thumbnail

It’s Morning in Venture Capital

Both Sides of the Table

Many observers of the venture capital industry have questioned whether its best days are behind it. Looking ahead at the next decade I am excited by what I believe will be viewed as one of the best and most rational investment periods for venture capital due to seven discrete factors: 1.

article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

Almost every private equity and venture capital investor now advertises that they have a platform to support their portfolio companies. VC Platform community has grown approximately 120% in the last 3 years. Then, pluck the low-hanging fruit: easy, low-cost, and highly scalable infrastructure. Is the service scaleable?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

ESG in Venture Capital: Interview with Blue Future Partners (VC Fund of Funds)

David Teten

Blue Future Partners, a venture capital fund of funds, recently interviewed me on ESG in venture capital. For example, I’m an investor via ff Venture Capital in: – Plated.com is a meal kit company, delivering you the recipe and fresh ingredients to make a gourmet meal in your own kitchen.

article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

. – Encourage founders to turn to other founders and their broader community as resources, not just the VC’s own staff. First Round Capital’s forum for portfolio executives is a powerful example of a scaleable resource. Typically these outside resources are paid only on a success basis, so the marginal cost is low. .

article thumbnail

This Week in Venture Capital – Episode 2

Both Sides of the Table

I was on This Week in Venture Capital (TWiVC) again this week with Jason Calacanis. So when Google started pushing AdSense (ads for affiliate or 3rd party sites) they had a HUGE cost advantage. it seems that Twitter should have the same Google-like cost advantage. 10 million in Series B Menlo Ventures , Steamboat.

article thumbnail

5 Startup Funding Models That Depend On The Consumer

Startup Professionals Musings

Yet as I mentor entrepreneurs around the country, crowdfunding still seems to be one of the least understood approaches to startup funding, with more myths than accredited angels and professional venture capital investors combined.

article thumbnail

Tapestry.so – No code project breakdown of time, costs, and a guide for others

Eric Friedman

One of the most interesting results was the outpouring of support and questions we received around how we built the product, why we built the exercise, and how much did it all cost. Cost: $64.88 (per year). Total cost: $0.00 (I know! Total cost: $900.00 Total cost: $348.00 (per year). The details matter.