Remove Angel Groups Remove Community Remove Networking Remove Startup
article thumbnail

5 Flocks Of Investors Looking For An Enticing Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

If your startup is looking for an angel investor, it makes sense to present your plan to flocks of angels, and assume that at least one will swoop down and scoop you up. The challenge is to find the right angel for you, and for your situation. In addition, they serve as a jobs available site for 24,000 startups.

article thumbnail

A Visit With the European Startup Community

Gust

The goal was to share our experiences in the realm of angel investing with an array of global audiences, by participating in various lectures, discussions and workshops. In all four countries we met passionate entrepreneurs who were eager to discuss their exciting startups, as well as angel investors looking to support them.

Community 121
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Raise Startup Funding from Unlikely Angel Investors

Up and Running

Angel investors come from a variety of ages, backgrounds, and professions. I’m not your average angel. I’m not active in an angel group. I live in a small town surrounded by farms and I made my first angel investment at 29 because my dad said it was a good idea. I’m not your average angel.

article thumbnail

How To Get a Job In Venture Capital

VC Adventure

Which is to say that the things that will prepare you for, and expose you to, a job in venture are things that are generally helpful to you in any career that is focused on entrepreneurship and startups. Get involved in your community. Most cities now have various local tech meetups, pitch competitions, angel groups, etc.

article thumbnail

Startups: It’s not Thelma & Louise

Austin Startup

Last Friday, June 21st I sent the following message out to our community of users, colleagues, friends and supporters. New business are hard: 50% succeed in the first 5 years Startups are hard: 10% succeed?—?only Less than 1% of all startups raise from Angels and VCs. outside of a vacuum. So, we worked to raise capital.

article thumbnail

How to Impress Angel Investors and Make It into “Startup Heaven”

Up and Running

An angel investor is an affluent individual who provides capital for a business start-up, usually in exchange for convertible debt or ownership equity. An angel investor is a high net worth individual who invests their own money into startup companies in the hopes of gaining a return on their money.

article thumbnail

Flexible VCs With Structures Between Equity and Revenue-Based Investing

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. Jonathan Bragdon , CEO, describes Capacity as “a team of founders-turned-funders making non-dilutive, founder-aligned investments of $50-$300k in post-startup, post-revenue businesses planning to 2X revenues in 12-24 months. —– Indie.vc

Equity 78