Remove Atlanta Remove Community Remove Operations Remove Partner
article thumbnail

14 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Are Incorporating Social Entrepreneurship in Their Business

Hearpreneur

Our passion for helping our clients extends from our firm to the community as a whole. A big part of our community involvement is educating the public about their rights following a work-related injury. We provide the returners resources, upskilling, community and a job pool, all in one place. Thanks to Louis Scott, Jr.,

article thumbnail

Flexible VCs With Structures Between Equity and Revenue-Based Investing

David Teten

(co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. GCVF specializes in providing critical support to founders based in small communities, while connecting them to an unfair network well-beyond their small-town headquarters. .

Equity 78
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Disturbing

Austin Startup

I must take a moment to acknowledge the many kind greetings upon my return to Atlanta and the many well wishes as I departed Austin. Two of them made some major product directional changes based on the founder’s judgment and the feedback he was getting from partners and customers. But, credit is due to all these CEO’s for perseverance.

article thumbnail

Helping Entrepreneurs Get To Where They Want To Go Faster

Duct Tape Marketing

16:24] What type of networking have you found the community responds to? [18:16] We've been this blend of community and a technology platform and we'd often get bucketed very much into one or the other. Carolyn Rodz (06:16): You know, I would say at our core, we're community, A community above all else. We never have.

article thumbnail

Unique Careers: Jenn Labin on hiring entrepreneurs at heart

Transformify

It’s a good question because we operate in technology space and diversity of thought is important to our clients as are all other aspects of diversity hiring. Sense of Community. Partnering with the D&I officers of our clients is also something that I am really proud of. What does it mean to you? For sure, not good.

Hiring 61
article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

The final word, media, helped to define the vertical we were to operate in. Lowground Records was the easiest business I have ever named and I knew the name fit the second my business partner said it. It’s an app that makes training easy while building a better operations manual for your company. 14- Represent two things.

Naming 83
article thumbnail

How to Scale Support of Portfolio Companies

David Teten

O perations – We work closely with a pool of preferred service providers who address the operational challenges of early-stage companies: accounting, financial modeling, sales acceleration, legal and regulatory needs, insurance, real estate, engineering, and community building. I’ve listed a few ideas below.