Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Michigan Remove Technology
article thumbnail

Why the Future of Tesla May Depend on Knowing What Happened to Billy Durant

Steve Blank

If you’re following Tesla, you might be interested to know that Sloan wasn’t the founder of GM. Where are the charitable foundations, business schools, and hospitals named after the founder of GM? The founder of what became General Motors was William (Billy) Durant. And a founder of Neuralink a brain-computer interface startup.

Michigan 268
article thumbnail

One Hand Clapping – Entrepreneurship In Ann Arbor, Michigan

Steve Blank

I spent a few days in March in Ann Arbor Michigan as a guest of Professor Thomas Zurbuchen , Associate Dean for Entrepreneurial Programs, and Doug Neal , Director of Center for Entrepreneurship in the Engineering School at the University of Michigan. Held office hours and met lots of passionate students with great ideas.

Michigan 307
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Support Your Fellow Entrepreneurs, Vote in SXSW 2020 Panel Pickers!

Austin Startup

This past month, SXSW called on the community to enter proposals for conference sessions at all SXSW 2020 events— and so the buzz begins. The famous South by Southwest Conference & Festival , otherwise known as SXSW, celebrates the convergence of the interactive, film and music industries.

article thumbnail

Social Networking and Business Value

SoCal CTO

Just a quick note that I'll be moderating a Technology Council Event : Social Networking as a Business Strategy May 19, 2009 - Culver City Social networking media are used on a daily basis to grow businesses and expand career opportunities. Corporations increasingly see social media as a key PR, communications and marketing medium.

article thumbnail

Monday night: HBS Angels of NY Investor Meeting and Company Presentations

David Teten

Chairman Alan Todd was formerly Founder and CEO of KnowledgePlanet, the largest cloud-based learning management system, which was acquired by a private equity consortium; and Founder and CEO of KnowledgeSoft, the largest IT training company in the mid-Atlantic region, which was acquired by Technicsource. Grovo solves this problem.

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

The ‘Ice’ is inspired by the cutting-edge technology that I pride myself on to create jewelry that captures the essence of urban fashion and street culture. But I also wanted the name to give a sense of community so that it could feel like a hub to which parents could go for advice, and that is where the pod comes in. The result?

Naming 114
article thumbnail

In Silicon Valley, Founders Fight for Control

online.wsj.com

Technology. Create a profile for me in the Journal Community. Journal Community. Personal Technology. TECHNOLOGY. WSJ Classroom. Ran gold Resources Ltd. View All Search Results » |. The Wall Street Journal. Welcome, Logout. Customer Center. My Journal. Message Center ( new). Edition Home. ↓ More.