article thumbnail

How Businesses Can Better Retain Their Employees

The Startup Magazine

This staggering number can affect your company’s bottom line, but by providing the right incentives, you can decrease the cost of poor employee retention. Furthermore, an entry-level worker’s departure costs the company 50% of their salary to replace them. Human nature is to improve and feel valued.

Employee 151
article thumbnail

The Impact of Community

Duct Tape Marketing

The Impact of Community written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing Marketing Podcast with Lloyed Lobo In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast , I interview Lloyed Lobo. He is an entrepreneur, podcast host, and community builder. Would you support that idea? [10:39] 11:32] The subtitle of the book has 13 rules.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Hiring a Fire Protection Service Boosts Real Estate Value

The Startup Magazine

This assurance contributes to a positive living or working environment, enhancing overall satisfaction and retention rates. Long-Term Cost Savings While the initial investment in fire protection services may seem substantial, it often leads to long-term cost savings.

article thumbnail

Building An Event Strategy That Connects With Your Community

Duct Tape Marketing

Building An Event Strategy That Connects With Your Community written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing Marketing Podcast with Isaac Watson In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast , I interview Isaac Watson. Key Takeaway: Events can serve as a powerful strategy for building a community around a business or brand.

article thumbnail

11 Tips For Increasing Customer Engagement

The Startup Magazine

While well-built strategies can help boost retention and customer experience, negative ones can become counterproductive. Studies show businesses with this strategy are able to retain 89% of their customers, compared to 33% for brands that lack proper retention strategies.

Customer 126
article thumbnail

4 Strategies to Reduce Employee Turnover That Work 

The Startup Magazine

The feedback provided in such surveys becomes a valuable tool to improve work culture for better retention rates. The cost of employee turnover is exorbitantly high. It can cost a company up to twice the employee’s salary to replace them. The responses can be kept anonymous for 100% transparency.

Employee 116
article thumbnail

Are You a Giver? How Reciprocity Results in Employee Retention

Mike Michalowicz

After years of jobs in corporations that treated people like a number at best, I decided that my company could have even bigger successes than the big guys if I created a community of employees who felt valued, considered, received recognition, and professional support. This benefits both individual employees and the organization as a whole.

Retention 112