article thumbnail

Meta’s CTO Andrew Bosworth Says Video Games Were What Hooked Him On Tech

Hunter Walker

The combo convinced me that software was for creativity and community — 100% impacted the rest of my life. I was a very social kid (constantly on email/AIM or corded phone) who lived on ranch without many friends in walking distance so this was meaningful. Do you have any “AHA!” memories of your own with regards to tech?

Video 104
article thumbnail

Entrepreneur Fills a Market Void by Building Female-Focused Co-Working Spaces

Hearpreneur

I found myself pushed into entrepreneurship after being laid off from a Marketing Director position with a San Diego based high tech company in 2003. I was turned on to the concept of coworking in 2010, when I hosted a networking event, for an organization I was leading, at San Diego’s first coworking space, the Hive Haus.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

I owe ya’ a 20 minute call (or in person next time I’m in San Diego). The value of Pitch Decks; Brad’s personal preferences on deal presentation; and Brad’s practice of accepting cold approaches via email. Very few people can do a good job with a presentation that is emailable.”. My Skype address is bradfeld.

article thumbnail

5 Tips for Private Practice Optometrists to Grow Profits This Year

Mike Michalowicz

His practice, Complete Family Vision Care Optometry, is in San Diego, California. Start by looking at your community and existing clientele to determine needs that are currently not being met. To contact Nancy, email nancy@eyecarepro.net. Take that opportunity to ask for online reviews and referrals. .

San Diego 111
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneur Share Their Goals for 2020

Hearpreneur

6- Creating a deeper sense of community. In 2020, we’re looking forward to now expanding our relationship with each customer by creating a deeper sense of community. As a founder, our community will be my biggest focus in the new year. I also plan on opening a new location for our agency in San Diego, by April 2020.

article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I believe everyone is a leader, whether it’s at work, home, church, or in their community. The best part is when you’re abroad and responding to emails during the day there but in the middle of the night in the US. I started my business in San Diego in 2007. 8 – There was Something Bigger.

San Diego 115
article thumbnail

After Raising $6.7M For Startups And Winning SEC Approval, AngelList Opens Up Investment Platform To More Companies

techcrunch.com

From 2004 to 2007, she helped lead Congresswoman Carloyn Maloney’s community outreach and relations efforts in New York City. Feel free to directly email us at tips@techcrunch.com. San Diego Meetup. San Diego, CA. She graduated from Columbia University in 2003, where she was. → Learn More.

SEC 61