article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

ConnecTeen Minds is about creating a community of teenagers that were disconnected from their lives but by coming to my platform they were now part of a greater community. My business partner, Adam Hale, and I were both in Fort Wayne, Indiana when the company was founded. ‘Streets’ is symbolic for this community.

Naming 145
article thumbnail

Public Innovation Training, NW Indiana

Gregg Fraley, Author of Jack's Notebook

Attention Michiana, NW Indiana, Chicago. Area manufacturers, process improvement and quality leaders, and entrepreneurs are encouraged to attend. Located in Northwest Indiana, near Chicago, PNW fosters a vibrant academic community through high quality and engaging undergraduate and graduate education. PORTAGE, Ind.

Indiana 54
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Lean Startup Conference 2018 is Coming to Las Vegas

Startup Lessons Learned

South Bend, Indiana went from Rust Belt to Tech Belt with EdTech in the Bend. Instead of organizing workshops by company size as we have in the past, we've created more focused topic tracks that will highlight entrepreneurs in every industry. When Zappos approached Lean Startup Co. Detroit has Technology in Motion (TIM).

article thumbnail

Baby Steps To Breakthrough In Regional Economic Development

It’s about the collective creativity of the whole community. Those young entrepreneurs, designers, engineers? Does your region invite makers and entrepreneurs? How do you attract those classically creative types? How do you get them to bet their lives and careers on your region? Is it open, tolerant, accepting, and fun?

article thumbnail

Minimum Wage Boost in Silicon Valley Ups the Cinderella Factor

Don’t we want the little school from Hickory, Indiana to win the state championship? I’d personally like to see Silicon Valley open its doors to immigrants from distant lands like Michigan, Kentucky, Alabama — even Hoosiers from Indiana. Sorry for the Hoosiers reference). Unemployment has dropped by about 2%.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #2: Mark Cuban on putting people first, the Dallas Mavericks, and what we'll want on the other side

Startup Lessons Learned

They're going to look to see what impact you had in your community. 11:59) Giving people trust and autonomy and opening lines of communication as a leader, and how Mark's leadership has evolved. (14:16) 22:13) The way companies treat employees and customers and impact their communities now will them for decades to come.

Dallas 68
article thumbnail

4 Ways To Fail The Right Way

YoungUpstarts

This is the kind of message successful entrepreneurs and public figures share at Failfest, an annual celebration of failure that brings together entrepreneurs in Indiana. The event, hosted by co-working space and community Launch Fishers , helps innovators gain perspective and empowerment from failure.

Indiana 100