article thumbnail

Female Founder Interview – Olga Camargo Leads Latinas Fintech Advisory

The Startup Magazine

She launched her financial practice, FARO Associates LLC (Latina/woman-owned/Minority Business Enterprise), and new fintech project, SHENIX, on her culturally-relevant financial services research and community needs. Negocios Now named Olga among Chicago’s Most Influential 50 Latinos. My own experience.

Founder 147
article thumbnail

15 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

What exactly is going to be the name of your business? Whatever the inspiration or relation may be, the naming of your business is one of the most important parts of becoming a CEO. To be completely honest, the name came to me out of the blue. I’d set aside a morning to name my new business. Photo Credit: Ed Donner.

Naming 73
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Understanding 501(c)(4) Social Welfare Organizations

Board Effect

By all accounts, the name is less important than the important work a social welfare organization does. Social welfare organizations are classified as 501(c)(4) organizations because their primary purpose is to provide social benefits to communities rather than charity. Communities benefit from them. Both are business leagues.

article thumbnail

Female Founder Interview – Claudia Freed, CEO of Non-Profit EALgreen

The Startup Magazine

As part of our Female Founder series , The Startup Magazine caught up with Claudia Freed, CEO of the Wheaton Illinois-based nonprofit EALgreen. For example, when we started, we had a different name because we thought we could solve all the world’s problems. As an immigrant student from Argentina, Ms. and North Park University.

Founder 118
article thumbnail

Founder Interview: Dan Breier Helps Raise Funds for Charities

The Startup Magazine

Dan has a great story as Founder of BreierSide Solutions , a charity consulting company in Sleepy Hollow, Illinois. BreierSide Solutions was started as an effort to give back to the community. Dan is a successful entrepreneur who plays an active role in his community. What big-picture problems does it solve?

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

NAME Comcast. NAME Verizon Communications. NAME Yahoo. NAME Shikhar Ghosh. NAME Toby Stuart. NAME Daniel Dreymann. NAME Charles Holloway. NAME David Cowan. Domain Name/Basic Site. Journal Community. COMPANY AOL COMPANY|AOL. SIGNIFICANCE PROMINENT. SIGNIFICANCE PROMINENT.

article thumbnail

Top 3 Startup Winner: Happenstance

The Startup Magazine

At this year’s FUND Conference in Chicago, Illinois, over 100 startups presented their early-stage companies in front of hundreds of investors and industry leaders. All of these findings inspired the team to move forward with a more robust storytelling app for the Chicago community and schedule a release in spring of 2019.

Chicago 147