article thumbnail

How To Create A Brand Name For Your Company

Duct Tape Marketing

How To Create A Brand Name For Your Company written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. He also has a new book: Brand Naming: The Complete Guide to Creating a Name for Your Company, Product, or Service. 5:20] Are there attributes from a general perspective that your brand name should have? [6:55]

Naming 76
article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

What exactly is going to be the name of your business? Whatever the inspiration or relation may be, the naming of your business is one of the most important parts of becoming a CEO. 1- Alliteration of an existing name. I came up with my business name by finding one unique trait that defines my business personality.

Naming 101
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Build a Community Around Your Business

Duct Tape Marketing

Transcript of How to Build a Community Around Your Business written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. He is a community and collaboration strategy consultant, advisor and speaker. That’s the first time I’ve seen that name, actually. No, my real name is Jonathan. My stage name is Jono.

article thumbnail

Texas goes to Kansas City for the Kauffman Foundation Eship Summit

Austin Startup

Trey Bowles from The Dallas Entrepreneurship Center (The DEC), Joshua Baer from Capital Factory, JR Reale from Station Houston, and Preston James from DivInc together in Kansas City, MO for the Kauffman Foundation Eship Summit. The Kauffman Foundation is the non-profit name synonymous with entrepreneurship.

article thumbnail

How to Raise Money When You’re Not in a Major VC Market

Both Sides of the Table

And I am often approached by entrepreneurs in cities which don’t have a vibrant VC community. Where do you want to build your community, your relationships, your family?” If their commitment to staying local is weak I normally say, “Well, it certainly would be easier on you to be in a larger community.

article thumbnail

How to Kick Start Your Community’s Startup Scene

Both Sides of the Table

I have never been more optimistic about the impact that the tech startup community is having on cities in America or about the role that cities outside of San Francisco / Silicon Valley can play in our future. Or the growth of Dwolla in Iowa or C2FO being built in Kansas City? What Does a City Need to Compete?

article thumbnail

Purposeful Growth: The New Revolution For Business Success

Duct Tape Marketing

Meanwhile, purposeful growth can be aligned with profitability and philanthropy and should be the central focus for businesses as it leads to engaged and motivated team members, happier customers, and stronger communities. 05:20): And then you have your communities. And I believe that a community is better than culture.