article thumbnail

10 Leadership Traits To Inspire Every Startup Founder

Startup Professionals Musings

That only happens if you take an active role in your community and relevant business associations with like-minded people. Hoping for good luck and applying pressure is not leadership. Leadership doesn’t come with success, but success does come with leadership. Constantly strengthening your network of relationships.

article thumbnail

6 Ways To Build And Capitalize On Personal Leadership

In my experience as an advisor and mentor to entrepreneurs in business, one of the biggest failures I see is a lack of self-leadership. I define self-leadership as the capacity to set direction and make decisions, to positively drive your own performance. Leadership in business starts with making good personal choices.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Tips On Self-Promotion To Solidify Your Leadership

Take the initiative to communicate effectively to key players how you contributed to results, without emotion, while giving full credit to others as appropriate. Technical skills are important, but your ability to build and nurture relationships with others is more important for leadership growth and career advancement today.

article thumbnail

7 Key Practices for Entrepreneurs Tackling Leadership

Most of the entrepreneurs and business owners I work with recognize that they must occupy and practice a primary leadership position , but many will admit that they are not thriving in this role. Accept the fact that authenticity is necessary for leadership effectiveness. This is a tough challenge for every coach and mentor.

article thumbnail

Leadership is More Than a Memo

Steve Blank

The book explores the role of gender in the tech industry – at startups and venture capital firms – and the interaction between men and women in the two. While Silicon Valley has grown to have global influence, in many ways the cultural leadership from the venture community has dramatically shrunk in the last decade.

article thumbnail

INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL LASERS INDUSTRY LEADERSHIP DRIVES 350% Growth Rate

The Startup Magazine

medical community. IML’s leadership role as a resource for the U.S. As part of IML’s commitment to industry leadership and education, the company will launch educational Toolkits, slated for Q4 2023. The post INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL LASERS INDUSTRY LEADERSHIP DRIVES 350% Growth Rate appeared first on The Startup Magazine.

article thumbnail

10 Keys To Raising Your New Venture Funding Potential

The key elements of leadership in a company, both individual and organizational, are less tangible, but very critical in setting a market value for investment, acquisition, or going public. In the investment community, these leadership elements are often called “goodwill.” Execution leadership. Strategic proficiency.