article thumbnail

This Week in VC with Dana Settle of Greycroft Partners

Both Sides of the Table

We also talked about the emergence of New York City as the “hot” new area of entrepreneurship, VC and innovation driven by the quantification of the online advertising industry. Platform that provides radio music programming via crowd sourced contributions from social community; programming is syndicated nationally.

Partner 240
article thumbnail

Lean Startup Where You’d Least Expect It

Startup Lessons Learned

Guest post by Lisa Regan, writer for The Lean Startup Conference. We were excited by the response at last year’s Lean Startup Conference to Diane Tavenner’s eye-opening talk on her experience implementing Lean Startup methods at Summit Public Schools, the California charter for which she is CEO and co-founder.

Lean 164
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Hacking Innovation Education in New York

This is going to be BIG.

The local tech community is figuring this out, not surprisingly, way before the academic institutions are—and where it is being discovered by academia, it’s being done on a one-off basis by educational revolutionaries in the innovation space who aren’t stopping to ask their schools for permission or to change curricula.

New York 132
article thumbnail

When New York City comes together for the Marathon #ingnycm

This is going to be BIG.

Literally, the whole city was watching--across so many different communities, both local and international. Then, out of the blue, I saw Cyna Alderman, who runs the NY Daily News Innovation Lab and who couldn''t be more enthusiastic about working with the startup community. That really helped.

article thumbnail

Open to All: Scholarships for The Lean Startup Conference

Startup Lessons Learned

Guest post by Lisa Regan, writer for The Lean Startup Conference. We’re dedicated to making The Lean Startup Conference unlike other entrepreneurship conferences. As Lean Startup takes root around the world, we’d like to learn from and help people working in geographically diverse areas connect with each other.

Lean 165
article thumbnail

Innovating in New York City

OnlyOnce

Innovating in New York City Last week I wrote about speaking at the NYC Lean Startup Meetup. One of my other key takeaways from this, which I've known for a while and have been meaning to blog about, is just how vibrant the tech startup community is here in New York. But something is still missing.

article thumbnail

New York Lean Startup Week

Startup Lessons Learned

We'll have slides and video from our Lean Startup track posted soon. Don't forget to vote to help choose a Lean Startup SXSW Challenge winner. Next week, I travel to New York, where I'm especially excited to see the entrepreneurial renaissance that is in progress, first hand. SXSW was amazing and exhausting.

New York 133