article thumbnail

My Favorite 2014 Trend is Boomer-Millenial Partnerships

Up and Running

I see it happening, anecdotally, both around my local community in Eugene, Oregon, and around my online community in social media, LivePlan, and so forth. But the opportunity and desire to run their own show is also a major driver for members of both age groups. I love this idea. And both generations need it.

Oregon 69
article thumbnail

It’s Not All Progress in the World of Business—Although We’re Making Strides

Up and Running

From a summit on media in the Middle East to a huge new funding opportunity for aspiring entrepreneurs in Nigeria, here are fascinating business news stories from the U.S. The Oregon Ducks’ coaches earn huge bonuses. The Oregon Ducks football team has excelled this season. and around the world. The world of work.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Write a Business Plan for an Outpatient Medical Practice

Up and Running

Here’s a brief example: The problem : There is a lack of affordable pediatric and gynecological care available in coastal areas of Lane County, Oregon. The solution : Dr. Gardner plans to open Ocean Lane Outpatient Care to serve smaller Oregon coastal communities scattered outside of major towns with major hospitals.

article thumbnail

The Modern Guide to Public Relations in 2021

Duct Tape Marketing

As the firm’s president, she oversees the blending of digital strategies with classic PR tactics to favorably position clients both online and in traditional media. With newsrooms dwindling worldwide, it’s now more important than ever for PR professionals to learn how to gain press coverage through performing traditional media functions.

article thumbnail

The best nonprofit events board members should know about this year

Board Effect

Community engagement ideas: Board members are always looking for ways to engage with their communities, mobilize volunteers, and address their community’s unique needs. Events are a good place to learn more about community engagement initiatives. This year’s hybrid conference will take place in Portland, Oregon.

article thumbnail

The Latest Questions Small Businesses Are Asking

Up and Running

Listen with an open mind to employees, suppliers, customers, the media and members of the community. What is being said about the company in public, on social media and in the hallways of the business? Look for common employee behaviors. How do employees act with customers and with each other? Are sales growing or shrinking?

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2019

Hearpreneur

Although we started in Portland, Oregon, we now have members in every state with many meetup launches planned for 2020.We’re Thirdly, we invested in marketing automation, Apps, and artificial intelligence tools for lead management, nurturing, social media, and other functions. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.