article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs and the Wikipedia Road Map

The Startup Magazine

The first step–a conscious decision to be included and a commitment to meet the stringent quality, market and social impact standards the Wikipedia community upholds. It depends to a large degree on how much legitimate media coverage a subject has received. Boosting Key Media Coverage Wikipedia notability. Dan Cook.

article thumbnail

How to Create a Successful Business Event

Duct Tape Marketing

He is the president of flyte new media and the founder of The Agents of Change conference and podcast. Brooks created the conference in Portland, Maine to build an event for digital marketers and to get flyte’s name out there as an industry leader. What is the role of community building in creating a great event.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable For Entrepreneurs Dedicated To Steve Jobs, Reinforcing Mission To Restructure Capitalism

ReadWriteStart

And between the free and premium programs, as well as the blog, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, we have a community of more than 200,000 people engaged in the initiative at various levels. Vikrant Mathur, from the San Francisco Bay Area, presented iFood.tv , a large community of cooking lesson videos where food lovers learn to cook.

article thumbnail

The best nonprofit events board members should know about this year

Board Effect

Community engagement ideas: Board members are always looking for ways to engage with their communities, mobilize volunteers, and address their community’s unique needs. Events are a good place to learn more about community engagement initiatives. This year’s hybrid conference will take place in Portland, Oregon.

article thumbnail

The Year of Startups Everywhere

Feld Thoughts

When the phrase “Startup Communities” started to become mainstream around 2012, I made the strong assertion that you could create a startup community in any city with at least 100,000 people. .” While Agent Smith was wrong, I don’t think I am. The Bright, Sustainable Future of Chicago’s Technology Ecosystem.

article thumbnail

Transcript of Everything You Need to Know About Podcasting

Duct Tape Marketing

All the important SEO tools that you need for pay traffic, social media, PR and of course, SEO. I think there is a place for podcasting for somebody to just interview hot prospects in their community or people that are doing what they want to be doing in their community. Check it out at semrush.com/partner/ducttapemarketing.

article thumbnail

How to Out Amazon, Amazon

Both Sides of the Table

This is true whether it’s physical products or media products. Think about the tension between media companies and cable operators like last year when Viacom threatened to pull Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, BET, etc. This is an age-old marketplace tension where leverage often determines the value captured. Get Physical!

Curation 296