article thumbnail

Effects of the Post Brexit UK Immigration Rules on its Economy

The Startup Magazine

The graduate visa in the UK makes it more attractive to non-EU migrants, and we continue to see an influx of students from India, Nigeria, China, and other countries. The post Effects of the Post Brexit UK Immigration Rules on its Economy appeared first on The Startup Magazine.

Nigeria 158
article thumbnail

Skills Development in Africa: How Wide is the Skills Gap?

Transformify

At the same time, 75% of all university graduates in Kenya and Nigeria are likely to be unemployed for up to 5 years after graduation. Kenya and Nigeria are of a particular interest for the employers in the UK due to the high percentage of English speakers who have received bachelor’s degree or higher.

Africa 75
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #216 – Small Business, Startups, Innovation, Social Media, Design, Marketing and More

crowdSPRING Blog

These posts and videos are about logo design , web design , startups, entrepreneurship, small business, leadership, social media, marketing, and more! When Does Establishing a Good Startup Culture Outweigh Being Cheap? | Good read for entrepreneurs & startup employees on liquidation preferences – crowdspring.co/1neVvzy.

article thumbnail

TECHNOLOGY AND THE AFRICAN GIRL. THE JOURNEY SO FAR…

Transformify

If you ask me I would say things are changing and so fast, the reason I am able to write this article and have it shared with a global community gives me hope. Over the past few years, there has been an increasing emphasis on girls and information and communication technology in the development sector. who writes from Nigeria.

Africa 76
article thumbnail

Vote Local, Austin: 18 SXSW panels featuring Austinites that deserve your PanelPicker vote

Austin Startup

Support the ATX Startup Community by voting for this selection of panels featuring Austinites. Once submitted, the community is allowed to chime in and vote on what topics capture their interest. Once submitted, the community is allowed to chime in and vote on what topics capture their interest. We reached out to the M.io

Austin 48
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Another five years bouncing between startups and I still felt like I was just coasting. I grew up in Nigeria, and have seen up close the health and safety concerns posed by communities lacking clean toilets and running water. 20- Add value to the global human community. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

article thumbnail

How a crappy promotion led to me being a software engineer

Austin Startup

Quick Background I was born in Nigeria, but mostly grew up in Dallas, TX. Before working as a software engineer, I was already in “tech”, just not at a startup. Sidenote: our teachers, especially the teachers in underserved schools and communities, are national treasures. I couldn’t turn it down. That’s mind-blowing.