article thumbnail

What living in different countries has taught me about life (and work)

Austin Startup

From running around Manhattan in 2008 selling to restaurants while the world economy was in tatters, to the first hire of a startup based out of Estonia, to my current role in Austin, Texas it sure has been a windy road. The one thing I’ve learned about Pakistan is that family name carries a lot of weight because of our unique culture.

article thumbnail

12 Top Picks: Austin Startup Week on Oct 12

Austin Startup

The Forrest Four-Cast: October 12, 2017 The last full day of activities at Austin Startup Week 2017 is October 12. Grab a group of friends and take the shuttle from stop-to-stop for a free beverage, to drop off a resume, see office space or explore Austin’s startup scene — culminating in the epic mega stop at Capital Factory.

Austin 77
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Bashir Dawood-Sick Kids Foundation

The Startup Magazine

Today, Bashir Dawood is listed amongst some of the best philanthropists in Pakistan who have helped millions of people in living a good quality of life. Not to forget, Pakistan is a developing nation, which is why such people are catalysts for the country. Source: Pixabay.

article thumbnail

Freelancing is the new normal: oDesk and the future of the workforce marketplace

The Next Web

Most of clients are “startups, small businesses, and solo entrepreneurs who are building their business on or around oDesk,” Cooper said. Among other fastest-growing client countries one can also find Latvia, Pakistan, Romania, Lithuania, and Malaysia. Who needs freelancers?

Russia 151
article thumbnail

[Singapore][Competition] Applications For 14th Start-Up@Singapore Now Open

YoungUpstarts

One of Singapore’s oldest startup competitions – Start-Up@Singapore – is back, this time for its 14th edition. Preliminary submissions end on 8th February, 2013 – register for it here.

Singapore 157
article thumbnail

The 50 Top Startups at SXSW 2019

Austin Startup

The Forrest Four-Cast: February 11, 2019 The 11th annual SXSW Pitch Presented by Cyndx brings together more than 50 of the world’s top startups who will present their emerging technologies before a panel of expert judges and a live audience on March 9–10. Orlando, FL Click here to browse the full lineup of startups for SXSW Pitch 2019.

article thumbnail

From Israel to Pakistan, Community is Key When Building a Startup (Google I/O)

VC Cafe

Google I/O: It’s a startup world. To achieve the trifecta of startup success (money, talent, ideas), a vibrant startup community can make the difference between success and failure. When I moved to VC, I found out that there were no good consumer internet startups. They were sporadic.

Pakistan 113