article thumbnail

7 Ways Academic Connections Can Assist A New Venture

Startup Professionals Musings

If you need experienced partners and vendors, the best professors and entrepreneurship staff will have the contacts you need in the local business community. For example, I live near the Phoenix, Arizona area, home of Arizona State University. Connections to a mentor.

Arizona 432
article thumbnail

Startups Need to Leverage Their Local Universities

If you need experienced partners and vendors, the best professors and entrepreneurship staff will have the contacts you need in the local business community. For example, I live in the Phoenix, Arizona area, home of Arizona State University. Connections to a mentor.

Arizona 239
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

Marvel’s fascinating turnaround story is no less than a heroic action story where the protagonist flips the scales at the last moment and arises like the phoenix, just like the many superheroes it helped become household names. This included health insurance and making them domestic partners. Photo Credit: Brian David Crane.

article thumbnail

7 Paybacks an Alma Mater Can Offer an Entrepreneur

If you need experienced partners and vendors, the best professors and entrepreneurship staff will have the contacts you need in the local business community. For example, I live in the Phoenix, Arizona area, home of Arizona State University. Connections to a mentor.

Arizona 231
article thumbnail

Celebrating the body of work of my clients in 2013

Early Growth Financial Services

Today is the last day to get preorder goodies, including an all-expense paid trip to Phoenix to get a consulting day with me where we work intensively on your career or business. To my partners at Citrix , I have been so delighted to develop a strong partnership with you! for the next ten years. B for Bodacious. D for Delicious.

Phoenix 75
article thumbnail

How This Leader Helps Corporate Social Responsibility Make a Big Impact Upon Your Organizations

Hearpreneur

However, you can’t tell from Tyler Butler, a dynamic leader and creative thinker known as an expert in corporate social responsibility, fashion and community activism. Serving as a conduit, 11Eleven, has taken a leadership role in partnering Lyft with causes that are in need of strong corporate supporters.

Arizona 48
article thumbnail

Some Context on Size of Higher Ed Market and Opportunity for Entrepreneurship

Campus Entrepreneurship

Very interesting piece from Good: Education (which is partnered with the University of Phoenix). In 2009, 70 percent of graduating seniors immediately enrolled in four-year or community college. See the data below for some context on the size of higher education and the room for innovation and disruptive products and services.

Phoenix 40