Remove 2000 Remove Community Remove Distribution Remove New York
article thumbnail

Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City

Feld Thoughts

For now, the title is “ Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City.” I’ve also got a bunch of guest sections coming from all over the US (I’ve got a dozen so far) so as they come in, I’m trying to fit them in (which often generates a new, or different section). Government.

Community 142
article thumbnail

Public Hospital Modern Woes – Aging Infrastructure, Unions, Pensions, High Regulation. 

The Startup Magazine

From California, to Illinois, and New York many of the largest U.S. Felix Rohaytn, widely credited with saving New York City in the 1970’s, recently published “ Bold Endeavors. ” [1] In it he warns: “The nation is falling apart – literally. municipalities are also the most fiscally troubled. Ironically, given the U.S.’s

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Fueling Your Growth With Facebook Groups And Communities

Duct Tape Marketing

Fueling Your Growth With Facebook Groups And Communities written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. John is the VP of Community & Impact Partnerships at Facebook. Prior to joining Facebook, he was the president of Digital, News, Business, and Sports Properties at Time Inc. Like this show?

article thumbnail

21 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

One thing led to another, and my husband and I ended up getting an exclusive distribution contract in Canada for a major French brand. After being successful distributing other companies’ products, the next logical move was to create our own–bblüv baby essentials. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

article thumbnail

Top 20 U.S. Tech Conferences Every Startup And SMB Should Check Out

YoungUpstarts

Join others who code to change the world for the better and explore distributed computing, examine the confluence between businesses and technology, and debate the power of technology on urban development. This three day conference has become the “must-attend” event for anyone who is active or new to the startup-community.

Las Vegas 165
article thumbnail

Playing Startup

Agile VC

My first startup job was as an early employee at PayPal, where I took a job at the end of ‘1999 and started a few months later in 2000. But I think it’s important to discuss, particularly given today’s heady environment for startups. But I’ve witnessed more and more “playing startup” in recent months.

Startup 188
article thumbnail

Playing Startup

View from Seed

My first startup job was as an early employee at PayPal, where I took a job at the end of ‘1999 and started a few months later in 2000. And to be clear I split my time between Boston, New York, and SF and I’ve seen this across a broad swath of startups and individuals… both outside NextView’s portfolio and occasionally within it.

Startup 120