Remove 2005 Remove Community Remove Founder Remove Viral
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

Airbnb founders Brian Chesky and Joe Gebbia had difficulty securing funding, so they launched a mini project to build some funds and catch investors' attention. Using this capital , the founders launched and enjoyed exponential growth in their first year, with 10K users and thousands of listings. Photo Credit: Jack Underwood.

article thumbnail

The Entrepreneur’s Essentials #13: To be stealthy or not?

Austin Startup

I’ve given advice in this area to many entrepreneurs, and I pose this lesson to you as food for thought (the right answer very much depends on the unique nature of the startup and its co-founders). Everyone in the eCommerce industry, including the Shop.org community, was wondering what company I would found next.

Stealth 48
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

LinkedIn: The Series A Fundraising Story ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

Many assume it was a cakewalk, based on the success LinkedIn has enjoyed over time and the current stature of our founder/CEO Reid Hoffman (now Chairman). Yes… he was a very successful PayPal exec and previously co-founder & VP Product of SocialNet. We’re a how-to site and community for small business on marketing. .

article thumbnail

29 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

At the launch of the company, the core email community (people with a lot of technical understanding) was our target audience. Donating a portion of all our profits to veteran and cancer research charities establishes our brand as a revolution in companies that give back to the community rather than leech off of their customers.

Naming 106
article thumbnail

Wednesday Guest Stars :: Small Business Marketing Blog from Duct.

Duct Tape Marketing

He also offers a question-and-answer and learning community at ExploringSocialMedia.com. Social Media Explorer is also the name of Falls’s consulting company which focuses on strategic counsel for medium and large companies in the realm of social media marketing, digital marketing, online communications and public relations.

article thumbnail

Netflix vs. Blockbuster and bad profits (reflections from my Bazaarvoice days)

Austin Startup

In honor of Netflix’s big beat today in the very unfortunate age of COVID-19, I decided to revisit my four-part Bazaarblog series while I was CEO of Bazaarvoice (from our inception in 2005 to our IPO in 2012). Blockbuster introduced their “End of Late Fees” program on January 1, 2005. The name of the last part?

article thumbnail

4 Considerations for Expanding Your Startup to International Markets

mashable.com

If you’re working with an open source project, for example, it’s important that you have a definitive business model to drive revenue — though not at the cost of alienating your community of core contributors. They may also contribute code to the community that comprises the backbone of their technology.

France 77