Remove Agile Remove Community Remove Government Remove Silicon Valley
article thumbnail

Why The Government is Isn’t a Bigger Version of a Startup

Steve Blank

academia was engaged in weapon systems research for the Defense Department and intelligence community. Indeed, Silicon Valley was born as a center for weapon systems development and its software and silicon helped end the Cold War. The Government Can’t Act Like a Startup. There was a time when much of U.S.

article thumbnail

Creating the Next Silicon Valley – The Chilean Experiment

Steve Blank

I did a keynote on innovation hubs at the newly created DoFuture program , spoke at Santiago’s Startup Weekend on Customer and Agile Development, and at a Conference in Patagonia supported by the Ministry of Economy’s Innovation Division. Creating the Next Silicon Valley – The Chilean Experiment.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Red Queen Problem – Innovation in the DoD and Intelligence Community

Steve Blank

Innovation, disruption, accelerators, have all become urgent buzzwords in the Department of Defense and Intelligence community. Our defense department and intelligence community owned proprietary advanced tools and technology. Pete Newell and I have spent a lot of time bringing continuous innovation to government organizations.

Community 218
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2021 Lessons Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

While all the teams used the Mission Model Canvas , (videos here ), Customer Development and Agile Engineering to build Minimal Viable Products, each of their journeys was unique. I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while being challenged to solve some of the toughest problems.”.

Lean 394
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2020 Lesson Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

All the teams used the Mission Model Canvas , (videos here ) Customer Development and Agile Engineering to build Minimal Viable Products, but all of their journeys were unique. I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.”.

Oakland 306
article thumbnail

Technology, Innovation, and Modern War – Class 7 – Jack Shanahan

Steve Blank

It was whatever you can do to get away from the classic DOD stovepipe way of doing business to a much more agile software approach. Josh Marcuse and the Defense Innovation Board were instrumental in helping us see what those agile principles were and how we could get moving and go fast. That is the future for the Department of Defense.

article thumbnail

The cardinal sin of community management

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Friday, September 11, 2009 The cardinal sin of community management Once you have a product launched, you will the face the joys – and the despair – of a community that grows up around it. This probably sounds illogical. After all, people rarely say they are mad because they are not being heard.

Community 158