Remove Business Model Remove Community Remove Government Remove India
article thumbnail

The State Department Meets the Lean Startup – Hacking For Diplomacy

Steve Blank

Building off last spring’s pioneering Hacking for Defense class, which sought to connect Silicon Valley’s innovation culture and mindset to the Pentagon and the intelligence community, we’ve now expanded our horizons to the Department of State. Some teams got a quick crash course in turf wars and Government Bureaucracy 101. “In

Lean 273
article thumbnail

Startup Strategy Roundtable: Niche Marketplace Businesses Can Be Interesting

ReadWriteStart

It turns out that in my Vision India 2020 book, I have a similar project called FDBI. My personal analysis is that to make a financial institution successful by catering to the said segment will require a tight control of the types of businesses that are financed. Also, the business model for the business is unclear.

India 116
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The State Department Meets the Lean Startup – Hacking For Diplomacy

Steve Blank

Building off last spring’s pioneering Hacking for Defense class, which sought to connect Silicon Valley’s innovation culture and mindset to the Pentagon and the intelligence community, we’ve now expanded our horizons to the Department of State. Some teams got a quick crash course in turf wars and Government Bureaucracy 101. “In

Lean 120
article thumbnail

Bridging the gap between tech startups and the Fortune 500

David Teten

The most common ways in which the Fortune 500 are working with the startup community at scale is through corporate VC arms, contests, packages of benefits geared to startups, and accelerator programs. I worked with our intern team to look for the Fortune 500 companies making the strongest effort to reach out to the tech startup community.

Startup 114
article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Discuss Whether or Not There Will Be More Entrepreneurs in the Future

Hearpreneur

These people are considered entrepreneurs because no matter how small the business is, as long as it generates money, it is business. Business is business whether it may be big or small. We watched as they pivoted in their businesses, but realized people are pivoting in their lives as well.

article thumbnail

Impact Investing: a time for problems to become opportunities

VC Cafe

“As big businesses begin to measure their impact, they begin to show it is fundamental to their future business models.” Governments are expected to emerge from COVID with much greater debt and more social issues such as higher levels of unemployment and poverty. Sir Ronald Cohen. Cohen asks.

article thumbnail

Nonprofit CEO Providing PPEs For Essential Workers

Hearpreneur

Companies all over the world are stepping up to the plate and pivoting from their normal business model towards one that emphasizes assistance and relief for COVID-19. With our pivot, we will have created a new set of disciplines around design, iteration, safety, and service in low-income communities. in economic impact.

Jordan 77