Remove Campaign Remove Community Remove Technical Review Remove Web Development
article thumbnail

23 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I realized that this was an opportunity to solve a huge problem for an entire generation of parents and their kids using technology. Since starting the business, it has allowed us to home school our children while providing great value to the healing crystal community. Thanks to Jen Ohlson, Interactive Health Technologies ! #5-

article thumbnail

Critical Marketing For Startups

YoungUpstarts

This guide is intended to ensure that your small business doesn’t miss out on any of the customers who can be reached by a thorough marketing campaign: Digital. With all of the different hosting services available online, just about anyone can build a website themselves these days.

Marketing 153
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

5 Things to Compare When Choosing an eCommerce Platform

Up and Running

The way your online store is optimized for search has a direct impact on how people discover your website and find what they are looking for. Now, SEO for an ecommerce website requires a great deal of due diligence by the site owner, regardless of the platform. This gives people a good reason to return to your website.

article thumbnail

The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Setting Up Your First Website

Up and Running

Even more so than pricing, reviews and location proximity. These don’t require coding skills—they’re usually visual templates that are easy to use but don’t allow for great customization (that would require technical skills). Custom development. This can require some technical knowledge. WordPress DIY.

article thumbnail

IGNITE! pitch event at Microsoft – September 4

David Teten

a pitch event featuring ten early stage tech startups, Tuesday night , September 4 at Microsoft’s midtown office at 1290 Avenue of the Americas. A place for geeks to share what they’ve done, who they did it with and connect with great companies and communities. I’ll be a judge for IGNITE!, Presenting Companies. geekli.st.

Curation 114
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneur Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

Trying to name a business in the philanthropy tech space was difficult. My wife and I co-founded our Web development and digital marketing agency atCommunications, LLC in 1999. This combined with the fact that Yellow pages in the UK used to run a very famous tv campaign featuring a book called “Fly fishing.

Naming 152
article thumbnail

The Best Free Email Marketing Tool for Startups and Small Businesses

Up and Running

Building a list and setting up email templates and campaigns takes time. There are metrics to review. For example, finishing a campaign and ready to send or schedule it? I use Mailchimp for the distribution of weekly newsletters, and for list growth via opt-ins for multiple types of campaigns. Segmentation.

Email 60