Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Partner Remove Syndication
article thumbnail

This Week in VC with Dana Settle of Greycroft Partners

Both Sides of the Table

Our guest this week on #TWiVC was Dana Settle , partner at Greycroft Partners , a venture capital firm with offices in New York and Los Angeles. Current round: $35mm in Series C (extension of Series B at higher valuation) from General Atlantic, Matrix Partners. Note that I’m not defining who numbers 1,2 are. Time will tell.

Partner 240
article thumbnail

GrabCAD & Professional Communities ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

GrabCAD & Professional Communities. Founders Hardi Meybaum and Indrek Narusk originally started building the company in their native Estonia before moving to Boston to join the hub of SaaS / CAD software companies located here. I co-founded NextView Ventures , a seed-stage VC firm based in Boston, in 2010. January 4, 2012.

Community 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

Managers of VC funds typically want to grow their business aggressively, just like the founders we back. My Partners at HOF Capital are younger than I am, which means that we have a half-century horizon for the franchise we are building. . – Syndicate Special Purpose Vehicles (“SPVs”) for specific opportunities.

article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

(co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. From RBI, Flexible VCs borrow the ability to reap meaningful returns without demanding founders build for an exit. Of the Inc. 5000 companies, only 6.5%

article thumbnail

How Many Angels is the Right Amount for a Startup to Have?

Both Sides of the Table

I save room in literally every deal to invite angels (or seed funds) to co-invest with me. All of my partners at Upfront do. Another founder … “When I pitched the idea to Adam, he was super on board,” Mr. Sloyan said. If anything it felt like a public service to founders to me. million from more than 30 investors.

Cap Table 150
article thumbnail

How VCs Structure a Syndicate and Recruit Coinvestors

David Teten

First, a formal definition: According to Capital Dynamics , “Co-investments are direct investments in a company made alongside and on the same terms as a lead [General Partner]. We see our potential coinvestors in four primary buckets: 1) HOF Capital ’s own limited partners. 2) Investors with very specific value-add.

article thumbnail

How to Supercharge your Content Marketing with Paid Advertising

Brandanew

As a Content Marketer, your content piece can be syndicated across all these top publisher sites, for a very nominal Cost-per-Click thereby increasing the reach of your post. It has signed some big names like Forbes, Newsweek, and Heavy.com onto its roster of publisher partners where content can be recommended. Content.ad. StackAdapt.