article thumbnail

How Philadelphia is Winning a Startup Renaissance

The Startup Magazine

Philadelphia gets called a lot of things. One thing this historic city doesn’t often get noticed for is its emerging Philadelphia startup scene. Philadelphia has two huge positives for startups tapping the local talent pool: a diverse metro population of more than six million and a host of area universities.

article thumbnail

Why Radical Humility is Key to Success

Duct Tape Marketing

Key Takeaways: The Hero Factor—a leadership philosophy emphasizing the prioritization of values, employee well-being, and community impact. Jeffery Hayzlett (01:49): A guy like me is going to cost you a couple mill in terms of cost for full-time if I wanted to do that full-time, plus stock benefits and everything else that you get.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1- To build a community. I wanted to be a part of a community of consultants that would provide me with the opportunity to build relationships with other practitioners, share lessons learned, and periodically collaborate. Photo Credit: Will Bachman.

article thumbnail

How to Open a Successful Hair Salon

Up and Running

Dallas Alleman, the owner of Salon Du Beau Monde in New Orleans, and Avi Shenkar, the owner of Philadelphia-based BLO/OUT , have different backgrounds and different business models, but share similar strategies for success. However, he has opened two BLO/OUT locations in Philadelphia and is working on three other locations.

article thumbnail

Why Wilmington, Delaware Is The Best Place To Start Your New Business

YoungUpstarts

Wilmington, Delaware is conveniently located between two other major cities (Philadelphia and New York). Purchasing supplies and property in such an environment is a cost effective way to make the most out of your new venture. Each of these examples was once an idea that flourished in Wilmington as a reality.

Delaware 266
article thumbnail

Building the Helium Mesh Network in the Mid-Atlantic

Feld Thoughts

I’m hopeful that some of the readers of this blog live in Baltimore, DC, or Philadelphia and are interested in participating in the Helium rollout. We’re looking to work with 15 – 25 locations in or around the cities of Baltimore, DC, and Philadelphia to host hotspots. You can see more about the technology here. .

article thumbnail

How to Impress Angel Investors and Make It into “Startup Heaven”

Up and Running

Many angels are entrepreneurs themselves, or executives and business or community leaders. Jessica Magoch, Angel from Philadelphia, PA | Website | Twitter. For me it comes down to “Intrapersonal Communication.” Tweet This Tip. Anthony Alfidi, Angel from San Francisco, CA | Website | Twitter. Tweet This Tip.