article thumbnail

The Impact of Community

Duct Tape Marketing

The Impact of Community written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing Marketing Podcast with Lloyed Lobo In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast , I interview Lloyed Lobo. He is an entrepreneur, podcast host, and community builder. Would you support that idea? [10:39]

article thumbnail

[Review] Startup Communities

YoungUpstarts

“We need to be like Silicon Valley,” we hear many a startup community organizer around the world intone. But early-stage investor and entrepreneur Bred Feld, the co-founder of VC firms Mobius and Foundry, as well as startup accelerator TechStars , thinks trying to be Silicon Valley is a fool’s errand.

Community 174
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

But this is becoming less true today, as more and more entrepreneurs find their way across the U.S. Increasingly, these metro areas are regularly appearing in rankings of the best cities in the United States for startups and entrepreneurs. It’s no wonder so many entrepreneurs launch their startup in Boulder. Boulder, CO.

article thumbnail

Denver Startup Week 2020

Feld Thoughts

Denver Startup Week , the largest startup week in the world, happens next week. I’m involved in a bunch of stuff this year, which I’ll list below, but I want to highlight a few specific events, including the Keynote Kickoff with Robert Smith of Vista Equity Partners who grew up in Denver.

Denver 124
article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs

crowdSPRING Blog

But this is becoming less true today, as more and more entrepreneurs find their way across the U.S. The overall culture in Austin is renowned for its supportiveness of the small business community. Foundry Group’s founder Brad Feld noted : Entrepreneurs here use a ‘give before you get’ mentality. Los Angeles.

article thumbnail

16 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Own Business

Hearpreneur

Here is what some entrepreneurs say about why they started their business. #1- 6- To share knowledge Photo Credit: Anthony Christov As an Art Director at Pixar, I have had many achievements, and I felt that it was time for me to give something back to the community. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

article thumbnail

3 U.S. Thriving Cities For Entrepreneurs To Move To

YoungUpstarts

Entrepreneurs are often seen as visionaries who, with a great idea, hard work, and a lot of dedication, built a business empire from scratch. No entrepreneur can truly find success without a supportive team and an excellent environment to get the company off the ground and grow it. . Denver, Colorado. Austin, Texas.

Denver 246