article thumbnail

New Meetup on Building Tech Tools for Private Equity+VC Investors

David Teten

I’ve just launched a new Meetup and online community I’m heading up with David. Prior to joining ffVC, I co-founded an early stage fashion messaging startup, and joined a TechStars NYC 2011 company as first engineering employee. I also teach Front-End Web Development at General Assembly.

article thumbnail

Software Development Companies in Southern California

SoCal CTO

They are generally the senior most person responsible for custom software development, database design, database administration, web development, etc. size of company (startup to very large), stage (early stage to established firms) vary widely. Yes, there are some events around particular technologies.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

IGNITE! pitch event at Microsoft – September 4

David Teten

a pitch event featuring ten early stage tech startups, Tuesday night , September 4 at Microsoft’s midtown office at 1290 Avenue of the Americas. A place for geeks to share what they’ve done, who they did it with and connect with great companies and communities. I’ll be a judge for IGNITE!, Presenting Companies. geekli.st.

Curation 114
article thumbnail

What we can learn from the evolution of Content Management Systems

The Next Web

is the CEO and co-founder at ShoutEm , a self service mobile website and mobile apps creator, a ‘Wordpress for mobile apps.’. From banking software to cell phones, as markets develop and grow, more user-friendly products with fewer but highly-polished features are winning the game. Similar stuff is happening in the e-commerce arena.

PHP 143
article thumbnail

Innovation and Geography

SoCal CTO

Ive personally been involved in the start-up world in Los Angeles for about 15 years, and have had the opportunity to work on many early-stage companies (e.g., ► January (5) Los Angeles Web Developer Startup CTO or Developer When to Use Facebook Connect – Twitter Oauth – Goo.

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #32 – Design, Copywriting, Marketing, Small Business, Social Media And More

crowdSPRING Blog

40+ Creative Example of Web Interfaces and Web Design - [link]. 100 Essential Web Development Tools - [link]. 50 Yellow Web Designs to Inspire You - [link]. Great List Of Free PSD Files For Web Designers - [link]. 10 Websites that (Really) Leave an Impression - [link]. 80,000+ in awards - [link].

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #69 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

VC’s apparently are increasingly nervous about early stage investments – [link]. 8 useful sites for web developers – [link]. Resource Roundup: 10+ Sources for Web Background Patterns – [link]. List of hosting choices by yc startups – [link]. Going to raise VC at some point?