article thumbnail

What it’s like to found a startup in Estonia

The Next Web

Nowhere in the world offers the kind of business climate that is so conducive to innovation, creativity and success for the aspiring entrepreneur. I happen to be from Estonia, a small, but fiercely proud country near the Baltic Sea, one with a burgeoning startup scene that’s full of driven, intelligent and hungry entrepreneurs.

Estonia 143
article thumbnail

A Visit With the European Startup Community

Gust

My wife, Ann, and I took a trip this past spring to visit Estonia, Finland, Ireland and Russia. In all four countries we met passionate entrepreneurs who were eager to discuss their exciting startups, as well as angel investors looking to support them. We had a lovely time in Northern Ireland.

Community 121
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

GrabCAD & Professional Communities ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

GrabCAD & Professional Communities. Founders Hardi Meybaum and Indrek Narusk originally started building the company in their native Estonia before moving to Boston to join the hub of SaaS / CAD software companies located here. Im a former Silicon Valley entrepreneur turned East Coast VC. How To Think About The Future.

Community 100
article thumbnail

GrabCAD’s Acquisition: From Talinn to London to Boston

Agile VC

I was impressed by Hardi as an entrepreneur in our first meeting there in the Seedcamp mentoring sessions. It was still early days for the company then, at the time we invested in GrabCAD’s seed round in the spring of 2011 they had around 3,000 engineers in their community. And thanks to Hardi I got to meet the President of Estonia.

Boston 154
article thumbnail

Noologica

NZ Entrepreneur

In Founder Focus we introduce entrepreneurs and innovators working on our next generation of new business startups, social enterprises and small businesses. So far we have built a great collaboration network across New Zealand, Turkey, Estonia and most recently the UK. The post Noologica appeared first on NZ Entrepreneur Magazine.

Estonia 59
article thumbnail

Looking Back On Our First Couple Years at NextView

Rob Go

Some of our most interesting companies have originated in places like Estonia (GrabCAD), Croatia (Farmeron) and Omaha (SkyVu), although all have either moved or have a significant presence in a major tech hub like SF, Boston, or NY. Net net, I think things have gotten much better for entrepreneurs, which is a good thing for us overall.

article thumbnail

Pet Lover Provides the First Major Innovation in 200 Years

Hearpreneur

A Pawscout tag tracks movements and identifies lost pets with the help of the Pawscout App, allowing owners to share alerts and receive virtual updates from their online community of friends, family, and other pet owners. When we first launched our pilot a few years ago, a woman in Estonia found a dog with a Pawscout Tag.

Estonia 55