article thumbnail

Co-founder Engaging Florida’s Innovation Ecosystem

Hearpreneur

Brian Kornfeld is President and Co-Founder of Synapse , an innovation hub for entrepreneurs, investors, and governments in the state of Florida to share ideas, solve problems and ultimately provide an ecosystem that ensures everyone from pre-seed startups to exciting unicorns continue to flock to, grow within and re-invest in the Sunshine State.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Love About Being An Entrepreneur

Hearpreneur

Being in love with your business, when you’re an entrepreneur, is even better. Although there are days when tossing in your hat seems like a viable option, remembering how much you love your “job” can quickly snap an entrepreneur out of that mentality. We asked some entrepreneurs what they loved about “being their own boss.”. #1-

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

52 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1 – I Have a Dream. I wondered what it would be like if the companies that purchased the coffee paid fair wages for the product and engaged in the developmental issues of importance in those communities. Image Credit: Enrico Bratta.

article thumbnail

The Best 2 Hours I Spent On My Business

YoungUpstarts

When the idea of my first internet business was conceived, I was stuck where many young entrepreneurs frequently get caught – getting past that idea stage. I emailed the local start up community and introduced myself, and the guy who replied simply said “How about we meet for coffee and discuss your idea?

Tampa 170
article thumbnail

PitchU Through Online Video With VenCorps And Kauffman Foundation

YoungUpstarts

Contestants basically upload a two-minute elevator pitch video to YouTube – they’ll get feedback from VenCorps ‘ panel of judges , as well as members of the startup community. The best-of-the-best will be invited to the VenCorps community for a chance at winning a further US$25,000 investment.

Las Vegas 198
article thumbnail

Gonzeaux #8 — Florida

Gregg Fraley, Author of Jack's Notebook

Fellow Tampa area innovation mavens Reuben Pressman and Hunter Payne popped over to support our talk — here are two young entrepreneurs that are in the process of setting up long and interesting careers. Nice to see a dynamo in action, and our dual speech to an financial officer meeting was a highlight of my trip. Sure I can!

Florida 107
article thumbnail

Revenue-Based Investing: A New Option for Founders who Care About Control

David Teten

Though RBI will displace some traditional equity VC, its much bigger impact will be to expand the pool of capital available for early-stage entrepreneurs. . With less restrictions, more Tampa Bay companies are turning to revenue-based financing. Kauffman Foundation: Access to Capital for Entrepreneurs: Removing Barriers.

Revenue 60