article thumbnail

10,000 Startups – Startup Weekend Next

Steve Blank

Just a crazy idea two years ago, the class is now taught at Stanford , Berkeley, Columbia , Caltech, Princeton and for the National Science Foundation at the University of Michigan and Georgia Tech. I’m partnered with four great organizations to deliver the program. If you can’t see the video above click here.).

Startup 335
article thumbnail

Jason Returns to the 313 for Startup Grind Detroit on April 5th

Feld Thoughts

As many of you know, my partner Jason is from Detroit. from the University of Michigan. Jason is returning to Detroit to sprinkle some of the wisdom he has learned along the way with the Detroitpreur startup community at Bamboo Detroit on April 5th from 6-8 pm. The Motor City. Prior to this, Jason was an attorney with Cooley.

Detroit 74
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Women 2.0 Partners Google, Extends Founder Friday Events

YoungUpstarts

has announced that it is partnering search giant Google to support the startup and entrepreneurship ecosystem in the United States and around the world. Media and event company Women 2.0 To date, Women 2.0 has held over 200 Founder Friday events in 30 global cities. “Google is excited to team up with Women 2.0 ”

article thumbnail

Meet Arbor Brewing Company: How Do You Grow A Local Business Brand?

Brandanew

Arbor brewing company was set up in the summer of 1995 in Ann Arbor, Michigan by the husband-wife duo of Matt and Rene Greff. It is the first brewpub set up in Ann Arbor and the fifth in Michigan. But, there’s research to show that, for every $1 spent with local businesses, 73 cents come back to the community.

Michigan 100
article thumbnail

Social Networking and Business Value

SoCal CTO

Corporations increasingly see social media as a key PR, communications and marketing medium. Social networking sites and microblogs are used not only to build company brands, but to foster productivity; social media tools help build communities around the question, "What are you working on?" He was raised and educated in London.

article thumbnail

Indigan Storytellers Debut

Gregg Fraley, Author of Jack's Notebook

The location was Journeyman Distillery in Three Oaks, Michigan. Another approach to using story is being pioneered by my KILN partner, Kate Hammer, Phd. The second reason is about the role of community formation in creativity and innovation. The word Indigan is a mash-up of Indiana and Michigan.

Michigan 101
article thumbnail

College Is Like A Sandbox

Feld Thoughts

I spent yesterday at University of Michigan with my partner Jason Mendelson (he’s a two time grad – economics undergrad and then law school.) This was my first trip to Ann Arbor and I had a great time. At the end of the day we met with all the members in TechArb.

Nebraska 136