Remove 2016 Remove Community Remove Equity Remove Government
article thumbnail

Why Small Community Lenders Have Your Back

Up and Running

But don’t fret—community lenders are helping small businesses. Meet the community lenders. Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) are one type of community lender. They are usually nonprofit organizations committed to the mission of making capital accessible to the communities they serve.

Community 117
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2020 Lesson Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.”. Team Protocol One – Ensuring JTAC to Pilot Communication. Few consider opportunities to make the world safer with the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community or other government agencies.

Oakland 306
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Who are the Major Revenue-Based Investing VCs?

David Teten

This structure offers some of the benefits of traditional equity VC, without some of the negatives of equity VC. I’ve been a traditional equity VC for 8 years, and I’m now researching new business models in venture capital. We don’t have any equity or control over the business….”. Key elements: . “We

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

Public Hospital Modern Woes – Aging Infrastructure, Unions, Pensions, High Regulation. 

The Startup Magazine

This article will focus on the impact of hospitals in that equation, specifically those public health system owned and controlled by local Governments. [2]. Further into their lifecycle, though, they found themselves beholden to certain financial and governance handicaps. By 2016, that figure was down to ~971 or ~22% of the industry.

article thumbnail

4 Best Websites To Apply For Accelerators And Incubators

YoungUpstarts

During this discovery stage, entrepreneurs get to hone their business skills via training and support while typically no equity is taken from them. The platform also provides a judging and voting system to governments, nonprofit organizations, colleges and enterprise customers who are planning innovation challenges and contests.

Incubator 127
article thumbnail

On Supercities, Economic Growth, and Income Inequality in a Post-COVID World

Ben's Blog

Economic inequality and opportunities for job growth are directly correlated with overall spending levels on R&D and with the geographic concentration (or distribution) or those dollars — both public funding (government) and private (as with VC). Furthermore, as of 2016, the U.S. has been down about 10% over the past 15 years.

article thumbnail

Q316 State of Venture Capital Update With Cooley

Feld Thoughts

At the early stages, raising the first $2m tends to be straightforward in most geographies that have meaningful startup communities. How many deals do you expect to make in 2016? Do you see a substantial uptick in private and growth equity in the market? . What other “macro” trends do you see affecting the rest of 2016 and 2017?